Would you like the opportunity to work in a challenging and rewarding role within the education sector, with potential for further career development within education?
Our client, a very successful educational establishment based in the Ashford area, has asked us to help recruit a Learning Mentor with a specialism in English support.
Applicants will be educated to a degree level, have a good understanding of MS Office and have a background within education.
The key roles for this position will be:
• To provide support and guidance to students (and staff working with them) by removing the barriers to learning in order to promote effective participation, enhance individual learning, raise aspirations and achieve full potential.
• To promote, develop and maintain effective and supportive mentoring relationships with students in support of other school teaching and learning professionals and external agencies.
• To promote positive activities within the school and community setting and support learning, participation and social inclusion of the student in the context of ECM.Additional areas of responsibility:
• Transition Y6-7, Nurture groups, Primary links, Support EAL provision, CHOICES, Independent Study and homework clubs, C/D borderline Intervention, Peer mentoring programmes, work placements, college placement tracking, careers support and guidance, Gifted & Talented support, Exam stress and pressure groups, Study Skills, College applications and career plans, Literacy/Numeracy and classroom support where needed.
• Each Learning Mentor has specific year group responsibilities, plus generic practices within the teaching and learning structure.
The Learning Mentor will be able to take on caseloads of students within a year group to provide targeted horizontal intervention.
This position will be temporary initially (paying £69.19 per day) but will be on-going to permanent with a potential permanent salary on a scale from £17,515-£19,575 (pro-rata).
Successful applicants will be subject to an Enhanced DBS check.
We are acting as an Employment Business in relation to this role
Join us on Social Media for all our updates at www.earlstreet.co.uk
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job