Monarch Education are working in partnership with a special school in Taunton to recruit Learning Facilitators.
About the Candidate
* Confident and experienced working with children between the ages of 10 & 17
* If you prefer working with KS2 and KS3 over KS4 (or the opposite) we would still like to hear from you
* Creative and passionate about helping children learn
* Patient, you may be supporting students who are working below their expected level in regards to their age
* Supportive and able to take direction well, a good learning facilitator will be helping the class teacher make learning accessible to children on many different levels
* You may be considering a PGCE and would like more experience in a school setting before applying
About the School
* Ofsted Rated Good
* A small all boys school
* Educates students between the ages of 10 & 17
* Dedicated, hardworking senior team who have worked to improve the school's progress
* All the students have an EHCP relating to SEMHD (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties)
* A boarding provision for up to 10 students
* Good links with local alternative provisions
* Staff have consistently high behaviour standards
* Students have good relationships with their key workers
About the Role
* Supporting children in class, to help them better access the curriculum
* Supporting children in small groups or 1:1 as needed
* Assisting the teacher in breaking down the lessons into more accessible and relatable ways
* Working with children who have SEMHD (Social, Emotional and Mental Health Difficulties)
* Whilst not necessary for an experienced candidate, CACHE Level 2 or 3 in Supporting Teaching or Learning would be an advantage
* As would related qualifications such as FA Coaching (child related), Playwork or Early Years Care
* If you don't have qualifications but considerable experience, we are still very keen to speak to you
To be considered for this role, you will need to:
*Have a right to work in the UK (A Valid Visa).
*Hold QTS in the UK.
*Two recent child based references and relevant DBS/Police checks.
If you think this is the next step in your career, then pleased send your CV to Claire Cooper at or alternatively call .
We are committed to providing equal opportunities to all candidates as well as adhering to strict safeguarding procedures. Your application will be subject to 2 educational references and enhanced DBS check.
- teaching assistant
- primary teaching assistant
- Learning support assistant
- SEN TA
- primary ta
- Learning Facilitator
- SEN LSA
- Secondary TA
- Secondary teaching assistant
- primary learning support assistant
- secondary LSA
- primary lsa