Salary:competitive + 5% flexible benefit fund
SSCL are searching for Ambitious. Cutting-edge. Collaborative and Transformative individuals.
Sound like you? Read on….
The SSCL Learning Services team delivers a range of bespoke learning solutions for Government Departments including; The Ministry of Justice, The Environment Agency, The Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs and Cabinet Office- to name but a few.
From course management, (including learner details and booking courses), to cutting edge E-Learning solutions and customisable face to face options, we aim to help Government create purposeful, adaptable and collaborative organisations through an excellent learning and development offer.
Our team are based in York and Newport (Wales), with customers who are UK wide.
- Be responsible for product development and delivery of online training (e-learning) for a range of Government Departments
- Be the e-learning subject matter expert when storyboarding, designing and developing curriculum through research, team member input, and advanced functional/technical knowledge
- Work closely with Subject Matter Experts to identify learning objectives, gather accurate design requirements and facilitate an effective development process
- Build accurate storyboards for interactive content, respond to feedback from stakeholders, build and develop interactive SCORM learning activities using a variety of authoring tools.
- Use a range of authoring tools such as Articulate, Adapt or general HTML5 to create high quality, innovative E-Learning packages
- Ensure high levels of engagement with the published course content. Monitor and report on KPIs for products and services
- Support the growth of our E-Learning offer
- Work alongside our projects team to create video based and, where needed, gamification and virtual reality based learning material
- Understand wider L&D and E-Learning trends such as productive failure, blended and social learning.
- Where needed, create L&D function promotional materials
- Sound knowledge and application of instructional design theory and principles, adult learning theory and latest learning trends (i.e. contructivism, Productive failure, blended learning etc)
- Training or experience in E-Learning and/or mobile learning environments
- Able to use a range of authoring tools with particular knowledge of 'Articulate’
- Confidence with a range of Learning Management Systems ( including Moodle) and supporting software
- Experience gathering and (where needed) analysing data for client reporting.
- Understanding of effective storyboarding techniques
- Willingness to travel- our teams and clients are based all over the UK.
- Previous experience of an L&D or HR background
- Previous experience working with subject matter experts in a client facing team
- Virtual Reality (VR) and gamification instructional design knowledge
- Knowledge of video based learning trends such as 'branching’
You will be required to pass a Disclosure Scotland
SSCL is a unique partnership - a joint venture formed in 2013 between Sopra Steria and the UK Government as part of the Government's Next Generation Shared Services Strategy to deliver between £400 to £600 million of savings per annum from 2016. Our purpose is to transform the way that these services are delivered across the public sector, streamlining systems and processes in order to deliver £1 billion of savings for Government and Police by 2020.
Find out more
Sound like you? Then we’d love to hear from you!
NB- We welcome video applications- If you’d like to submit a video C.V, please ensure your video is uploaded to Youtube or a similar platform and submit the link in your C.V.