We want to ensure our visitors have a great time when they visit Brancaster; as part of our Learning and Engagement team you’ll help to ensure we deliver a fantastic range of activities for all those who visit our Activity Centre, bringing to life everything that the North Norfolk coast has to offer.
This role is based on annualised hours, where the amount of hours you work each month may vary, however your salary will be paid in 12 equal instalments over the year.
This role is required to work with vulnerable groups including children and any offer of employment or volunteering is subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check.
Internally, you'll be known as our Learning Officer.
What it's like to work here
Following the flooding in 2013, this 17th Century building was re-opened in June 2015 after a complete refurbishment. We welcome up to 35 residential schools each year, and offer a range of activities tailored from the key stage 2 curriculum up to A-level. If schools are seeking adventure and fun, and want to cover key areas of the curriculum, or just want to enjoy the great outdoors then Brancaster Activity Centre has so much to offer. We not only provide accommodation for schools, but also friends, families and special interest parties.
Now is an exciting time to join the team here at Brancaster as 2018 is the 20th anniversary of the Activity Centre - there will certainly be plenty of celebrations taking place throughout the year!
What you'll be doing
As Learning and Engagement Officer, you’ll be key in delivering high quality and exciting outdoor activities to school group staying at our activity centre, as well as events and engagement programmes to those that visit Brancaster Estate. You’ll strive to deliver a culture of 'exceptional service, every time, for everyone’, ensuring our visitors always have the best possible experience.
Along with your interest in outdoor learning and your experience of working with children and young people, you’ll be confident, creative and highly organised. You’ll have experience in developing and delivering educational programmes to children of a variety of ages and backgrounds and dealing with problems quickly and confidently, with the flexibility to work on your own and as part of a team. You’ll also be responsible for ensuring that you comply with Trust procedures to minimise risk to visitors, customers, staff, volunteers and contractors.
You’ll also help with the development of new income opportunities for Brancaster, as well as contribute to achieving pre-determined property targets.
The position doesn’t require line management or budgetary responsibilities, but will include working alongside volunteers.
Who we're looking for
To be successful in this role, you’ll need to be/have;
- Practical experience of outdoors learning and working with young people
- Previous experience of organising and delivering great activities
- Good people skills
- Great communication skills, both written and verbal
- Relevant knowledge of Health & Safety legislations
- Some previous experience of outdoor activities and hold relevant practical certificates/accreditations
Looking after you
- Health cash plan - from as little as £2.81 per month for you and your dependents
- Pension contribution match up to 10%
- EAP and proactive Health and Wellbeing
- Discounted gym membership
Looking after your career
- Grow your career through professional training courses across the Trust
- Develop your skills with an internal secondment
- Pay review linked to values and behaviours, commitment to progression
- Income protection due to illness
Unique to Us
- Work in some of the most beautiful, iconic and unique locations in the UK
- Free entry to NT properties for you, a guest and your children (under 18)
- 20% off in our retail and catering outlets
- Discount up to 35% off a National Trust holiday cottage booking
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job