Nurse Plus is recruiting experienced Support Workers in Southampton for local work with people with learning disablities.
Main duties will include -
- Supporting people with a range of needs including learning disabilities and mental health problems to meet their chosen outcomes
- Provide support to enable them to access information.
- Helping Service Users meet both their health and social care needs. This includes assisting with personal hygiene, assistance with laundry and preparing meals and drinks.
- Supporting Service Users with medication.
- Enable Service Users to achieve independence in all areas of their life where possible.
- Help Service Users to identify and choose their support needs.
- Help to maintain a safe, comfortable and supportive home for the Service Users.
- Support the Service Users to actively contribute to the running of their own house.
- Assist the individuals we support to engage themselves as valued members of the local community.
- Ensure that the rights of the individuals we support are always protected and respected.
We have work available in Southampton and Woolston
Hours: We have full or part time work available to suit your lifestyle. Early late, long day and night shifts are available. Whether you’re looking for full time work or to top up your current salary, and accommodate your personal circumstances we have the shifts for you.
Salary: Competitive hourly rate and weekly pay - hourly rates from £7.70 to £10.25
- Experience working with people with learning disabilities
- You must have the right to work with the UK.
- You must be able to communicate effectively and have the ability to understand and be understood - verbal and written
- You need to be 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life of vulnerable people.
- You must have a kind and caring nature.
- Situations can sometimes be difficult and challenging. You will need a willingness to work with a variety of clients with differing needs and an ability to work with challenging clients and demonstrate patience and compassion
- Working or willing to work towards free recognised Health and Social Care certificates
So many opportunities, benefits and incentives to be discovered:
- Flexible Hours - To suit your needs, full or part time, days, evening, weekends
- Excellent Weekly Pay - Competitive hourly rate
- FREE Training - In-line with Care Certificate
- FREE Uniform after completion of training
- FREE DBS *terms apply
- Refer a friend scheme - Earn £100 for every friend you refer *Terms apply.
- Rewarding - Job satisfaction
- Reputable Agency - Established since 2005
- Staff Benefits - Staff Lottery & Plus Points Scheme
- Full support - Expert training, supervision and ongoing support
- Full career development support - Nurse Plus is a growing company with a variety of opportunities for career progression
Nurse Plus is a national company with a network of over 50 offices across the UK. We have an ongoing commitment to develop and support our staff to be the best they can be, this is shown by their passion and dedication to make a positive impact in the lives of the clients they support. We want to be the first choice agency for our staff and first choice provider for our clients.
An enhanced DBS check will be required.
Equal Opportunity Employer (Agy)