Fairview Hospital is a specialist service for men and women with learning disabilities and other complex needs such as autism, personality disorder, mental health conditions, forensic histories and challenging behaviours.
The hospital benefits from a fully equipped activity centre both on and off-site so that opportunities for rehabilitation are maximised.
Positive Behaviour Support and Active Support models are embedded in what we do, to ensure all patients have a voice and are supported in the way that suits their needs best.
In this role you will:
- Be responsible for the co-ordination, assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation of individual Patient programs of care. With a focus on risk assessment and risk management strategies, ensuring that the requirements of the Care Program Approach are met in a timely manner
- Report any ill health amongst Patients and make requests for R.M.O/GP/Professional visits where necessary
- Support empowerment of Patients having regard for their dignity rights whilst maintaining professional responsibility for individuals in our care
- Ensure that individual care plans are completed and maintained in conjunction with Patient, Relatives and other Health Care Professionals, and in accordance with NMC guidelines
- Administer prescribed medicines in accordance with Healthcare procedure and Healthcare Commission guidelines.
- Have a current Pin Number
- Have knowledge of the Mental Health Act 1983
- Have an understanding of latest nursing practices
- Have the ability to deputise in a clinical lead role
- Have the capacity to maintain documentation and undertake audits.
- RCNi membership
- Monthly reflective practice, support with revalidation & CPD opportunities
- Expert clinical supervision & peer support
- A high-quality work environment
- Free meals on duty
- Opportunity to undertake further learning with our excellent apprenticeship scheme.
Do you want a career that inspires people? Please click on the ‘apply now’ link below.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job