Learning Disabilities Nurse
Are you interested in a role that allows you more flexibility, a higher wage and job satisfaction? If yes, you may be interested in hearing about the fantastic opportunity we have available at Randstad Nursing!
Randstad Nursing is interested in speaking to RNLD's who are passionate and committed to their discipline and are comfortable working with challenging behaviours. We are working with various privately owned Specialist Care homes in Newcastle, Gateshead, South Tyneside and Durham who are looking for Nurses to work Day & Night shifts. In this role, working patterns are completely flexible and can be worked around family commitments. Successful candidates can expect excellent pay rates starting from £17.50 per standard hour and up to £30 per hour for bank holidays.
Newly qualified Nurses are welcome as no post-qualifying experience is necessary.
The successful candidate can access the following benefits:
-Reduced DBS Rates
-Referral scheme of up to £300 per candidate (T&C's apply)
- Free training - both practical training (manual handling, first aid) and a full range of specialist nursing
- Professional networking opportunities and industry specific advice, on issues such as NMC
- One point of contact and a dedicated consultant
Daily duties will include:
- Recognise unwell patients and report it appropriately
- Work with adult patients with Huntington's disease, Dementia and Alzheimer's, Challenging behaviours, Autism and Asperges
- Peg feeds, catheterisation
- Monitor patients and carry out their observations, ensuring accurate record keeping
- Give guidance to support staff, and working in a multi-disciplinary team with other professionals
In order to apply for this role you must have:
- Valid NMC registration (Registered Nurse)
- Post-qualification experience is beneficial, but NOT essential for this vacancy
If you are interested and wish to apply please contact Amie on .
Randstad Care acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Care is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Did you know that Randstad Care have been awarded a place on the National Clinical Staffing Framework for the NHS? This means we will be able to bring you more opportunities within nursing & midwifery and clinical staffing.