Travelport are a leading IT software company, providing powerful technology solutions for the global travel and tourism industry and we're redefining travel commerce; come and join us on our journey...
We have created a fantastic position for an individual passionate about making teams successful, to join us as a Learning & Performance Specialist here in our stunning global HQ in Slough.
If you are a Learning & Development professional seeking a meaningful and exciting opportunity to help design and develop a training program from the ground up, then this could be the role for you.
Reporting directly to the Head of Training & Service Quality, you will be working effectively with our specialist content development company to help re-design the way we deliver our IT Helpdesk training across Travelport.
This would be an ideal position for somebody looking to take a step back from the delivery and focus on design and evaluation.
You will assess, co-design and evaluate learning and performance solutions for the complete Travelport portfolio along with being accountable for maintaining relevant content for the Helpdesk catalogue with key goals of driving up competency levels and promoting an excellent customer experience.
Your main accountability will be to ensure that the methodology behind the curriculum is aligned to Travelport’s values and is consistent across the organisation.
You will also;
- Work effectively with product, customer training, help desk management and quality teams to ensure that all training is up to date, addresses business needs and goals, and is aligned with Travelport’s customer support strategy.
- Maintain and meet landmarks of project plans, in support of Travelport methodologies and supporting technologies.
- Collaborate with our content development company to design the curriculum.
- Employ appropriate technologies and tools to develop and maintain the catalog, ensuring compatibility our in-house delivery system(s) and Travelport product environments as required.
- Perform regular evaluation of training delivery and classroom performance as a tool for ensuring goals are met.
- Work with your team to ensure we deliver the best possible education and performance.
- Help lead the delivery of the training methodology & content, ensuring it’s reviewed, reviewing the trainers on site.
- Work directly with our product management teams, technology services, business & system analysts to develop appropriate performance centered learning strategies.
What kind of person would be a great match?
- A background in Learning & Development (In-house training)
- A desire to handle content rather than deliver
- Comfortable with technology and working across various platforms
- Happy to work in a team based across different regions
- Exposure to crafting, delivering and evaluating training programmes
- Project coordination/management experience would be desirable
- Practice of working with customers/recipients to evaluate training
- A background in working a global distribution system would be ideal
- Knowledge of IT/Helpdesk processes would be a benefit
- Excellent organisation skills
What can we offer?
In return, we are offering a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a US-listed, fast-paced, dynamic and growing organisation along with…
- 25 days holiday
- Competitive pension plan
- Annual bonus
- Travel insurance
- Life Assurance
- Private Healthcare
- Work Perks (Discounts, Cinema tickets etc)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
This role may involve some travelling in the UK.