Imperial Tobacco is part of the FTSE30 company Imperial Brands PLC, a dynamic international business specialising in tobacco and non-tobacco brands.
In the UK, Imperial Tobacco is the market leader in the sale and distribution of a wide portfolio of iconic brands such as Lambert & Butler, JPS, Player's and Golden Virginia.
Reporting to the Head of HR the Learning and Development Partner will have responsibility for building upon, owning and delivering the full Learning and Development agenda across the UK and Ireland Cluster, covering c600 head office and field based employees.
This hands on role will see you designing, delivering and evaluating a wide range of blended core learning activities, as well as supporting specific development programs and change programs.
The L&D Partner will be pivotal in driving a mind-set change towards L&D across the Cluster to a self-led approach that is built on the 70/20/10 principles.
The L&D Partner will also be the key interface to the Group L&D Centre of Expertise; sharing and gaining best practice, supporting Group lead initiatives and representing Cluster views and priorities.
We are looking for a highly energised individual who will also be responsible for supporting the successful delivery of the key objectives for the HR function.
- Ownership of the Cluster wide Learning and Development agenda.
- Devising and driving an L&D culture shift across the Cluster to a self-led approach that is built on the 70/20/10 principles.
- Supporting the Senior Leadership Team with driving a learning mind-set change.
- Ownership of the Cluster specific Leadership Development model, planning development activities, innovating and delivering any required activity as appropriate.
- Supporting the identification of training needs / skills gaps within the Cluster and creating robust plans to address needs at a Cluster level and, as required, at a functional level.
- Working closely with the HRBPs and Business Stakeholders to devise and deliver / facilitate first class and innovative L&D solutions that support the teams, individuals, company objectives and business strategy,
- Managing and maintaining the Cluster LMS system driving engagement and usage.
- Full ownership for evaluating the effectiveness of all training & performance solutions; including pre & post event measurement, content, process and delivery. Presenting outputs at Senior Leadership level on a periodic basis.
- Support the development of the Academies for the Cluster and proactively promote their use.
- Seeking out and sharing identified best practice, both internally and externally, and applying this to all L&D activities.
- Developing strong relationships with the L&D Centre of Expertise - sharing best practice, supporting the roll-out of Group initiatives, being a valued contributor to the design of Global L&D initiatives and actively representing the views and priorities of the UK&I Cluster.
- Managing the L&D budget, sourcing, negotiating and managing contracts with external suppliers to ensure consistent quality and efficient delivery of training services as required.
- Network with external training consultants to obtain appropriate solutions as required.
- Actively participate in any department initiatives and support the HR team in rolling out key projects as required.
Skills & experience
- Strong background in a Learning and Development role with responsibility for building and executing learning plans within a fast paced environment.
- Experience of supporting remote based teams
- Strong external network of training providers
- Expert knowledge of a broad range of Learning and Development tools / processes, through experience
- In depth understanding of the commercial building blocks that drive sales growth, including R.O.I evaluation.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft packages
- Training design and delivery
- Knowledge of behavioural change process & Theories (E.g. NLP / EI )
- Knowledge of accredited developmental models (E.g. Myers Brigg / SDI)
- Willingness to be involved in a broad range of projects
What we offer
Imperial Tobacco offers a competitive package of salary, bonus scheme, pension and 25 days holiday (with an additional 4 days on top to cover the Christmas period and bank holidays).
Interested applicants should apply with a letter of application highlighting their suitability for the role and current CV.