As Learning & Development Manager at Talk Talk Mobile Phone Services Limited you are required to deliver all training activity in line with business objectives and our core values . A high level of engagement and passion for training customer service related material is essential to this role to fulfil the key responsibilities listed below.
You will embed and have input on the training strategy, oversee the implementation of new training initiatives and assess its outcomes in line with the Investors in People framework. The main aim of this role is to enhance employees’ skills, performance, productivity and quality of work.
It is essential that you can break learning down into manageable chunks suitable for the learner and be able to communicate effectively and with high levels of credibility with staff members who have varying levels of experience. It is important to gage learner needs and adapt course material appropriately.
You will be expected to complete post course evaluations and analyse the return on investment for every course, so we can learn and build on each training session. You will need to be able to work well with both senior leadership team and store staff members. This role will suit those that are gregarious and interested in working with set training materials, delivering to different people within the business
This is an ideal opportunity for a strong well rounded Learning & Development expert looking to work in a varied standalone role and as part of a busy head office. Would consider ex retail Management with experience in Learning and Development.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
- Discuss and understand current and future training needs through discussion with the Sales Director and HR Manager and analysis of 121 documents, annual performance appraisals and consultation with line managers.
- Deliver various customer service related classroom training sessions in line with business needs.
- Deploy a wide variety of training methods in an exciting and engaging way to ensure excellent delivery of classroom training.
- Can build and structure effective and relevant training courses from concept to delivery in line with direction given.
- Conduct effective Customer Excellence induction sessions in line with O2 and TTMPSL requirements.
- Deliver other training workshops in line with business and individual needs and as part of a training events calendar; including but not limited to Core Value training, People Management training, Coaching training and Train the Trainer related courses.
- Provide adhoc coaching to Managers, to support and ensure training workshops and courses are follow up and embedded in stores/departments following the completion of the training course/event.
- Monitor and evaluate training program’s effectiveness, success and ROI periodically and produce report.
- Resolve any specific problems and tailor training programs as necessary to suit the needs of the audience.
- Carry out analysis and build development plans to support career mapping conversations.
- Carry out full TNA following the annual performance reviews and interim performance reviews and in line with our business objectives and 6 core values.
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices.
- Support all leadership departments across the business with adhoc training activities required, that are in line with business objectives.
- Attend any required O2 training courses on behalf of TTMPSL; representing the business as required.
These are the experience, skills and values we require for any applicant or current staff member to be successful in this position. All parts excluding the desirable criteria are essential for success and must be demonstrated.
- Takes full ownership and responsibility for administrative activities relating to Training.
- Takes a proactive approach to developing knowledge and skills within own profession.
- Builds trust and respect within the business, on all training queries.
- Always seeks innovative, yet appropriate ways of working, never let complacency set in.
- Is approachable, with an effective communication style with all stakeholders.
- Demonstrates 100% pride in what you do; sustain this through every aspect of your work, including through your appearance and your networking, always represent TTMSPL and O2 with pride.
- A good work life balance.
Essential Skills Criteria
- Experience in a similar role
- Experience of working within a retail setting
- Good awareness and knowledge of Customer Service models and external related frameworks
- Excellent understanding of PowerPoint, and other MS Office areas to support training and development course delivery
- Ability to break down a concept and build training workshops based on best practice and experience
- Comfortable with using technology and supporting hardware to aid delivery
- Experience of engaging challenging learners, with varying learning needs
- Highly organised and structured in ways of working
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet deadlines
- Eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to prioritise and organise workload with confidence
- CIPD or training related qualification or membership
- Experience of working with O2’s customer excellence framework
The company reserves the right to vary or amend the duties and responsibilities of the post-holder at any time according to the needs of the business.