An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate, creative and engaging Learning & Development Manager to manage a bespoke internal Management Development Programme (MDP) and for all corporate training and development initiatives for Level 4 and above.
Reporting to the Head of HR, the Learning & Development Manager will be a confident, enthusiastic and dynamic professional with strong communication skills and have experience of designing and developing relevant learning solutions to support employees’ development within an organisation. The successful candidate will have a "can do" attitude and desire to get involved and continually add value to the organisation.
As the Learning & Development Manager, you will be responsible for:
- The line management of successful applicants on the bespoke Management Development Programme and to monitor progress through coaching and mentoring
- Managing the bespoke MDP ensuring a structured implementation process and primary responsibility for the communication with Derby University and external suppliers
- To work in partnership with the HR Manager to recruit each annual intake of MDP through assessment centres
- To design, deliver and facilitate Area Manager programmes and operational development CPD days
- To work closely with departmental managers to identify and provide each department with training and development solutions in a proactive and cost-effective way
- To be responsible for the management and delivery of budgets and department plan for MDP and corporate training
What we are looking for in you as Learning & Development Manager:
- You will hold an appropriate recognised university teaching qualification, or a PTTLS qualification is desirable (level 3 minimum)
- Experience in course design, development and delivery through agreed objectives
- Experience in interviewing and assessment skills with proven ability to facilitate assessment centres
- Experience in coaching, mentoring and providing feedback
- Experience of management & leadership training
- Experience in marking and assessing academic work
- Computer literate
- Excellent communication skills with the ability to present complex matters both verbally and in report form
- Ability to quickly build excellent working relationships with colleagues both internally and externally
- Knowledge of apprenticeships is desirable
- Experience in dealing with various projects and handling their development
- Proven experience with training budgets
- Salary of £36,468 per annum
- 37.5 hours per week
- Pension scheme
- Non-contractual bonus*
- Private medical scheme*
- 24 days holiday + 8 days public holiday
- Additional "holiday payment" equivalent to 2% of annual salary*
* Upon successful completion of probationary period.
Closing date for applications is 4th March 2018
The interview process will involve a pre-screening telephone discussion of the role and your experiences, followed by a two-stage interview, (2nd stage to involve a structured presentation)
For an informal discussion about the role please contact Michelle Abdale, Head of HR.
Who is Showsec?
Showsec is an award-winning event and venue security specialist dedicated to achieving excellence in crowd management. We are proud to be involved in the management of world class events such as Creamfields and operate at some of the country’s leading venues including the Manchester Arena. If you are interested in joining the Showsec team at Head Office, then check out our video to find out more about working for us HERE https://youtu.be/HwOupWP3oiQ
- Corporate Training
- Management Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job