Learning & Development Manager - up to £40,000pa - 6 Month FTC to potential perm
My client, a well known global 'not for profit' organisation is looking for a Learning & Development (L&D) Manager on a full-time initial 6 month FTC to join their small and friendly HR Team based.
This role could suit an experienced and ambitious L&D Officer/Advisor looking for their step-up (especially if you are at that level and meet some of the 'good to haves' below). Particular interest will be given to those from a franchisee type L&D background (consistency of approach) - including e-learning content creation and remote support.
About the role:
This role reports directly into the Head of HR working along side another Learning & Development professional , where you will provide management of key development and learning programmes within the charity (internally), and to also assist member organisations who are running programmes on behalf of the charity (external). This is a great mix of strategy, project work and operational delivery where you can make the role your own and add real impact.
- identifying learning and training needs across the charity and it's member organisations, deciding on the most appropriate learning interventions, delivery channels and structuring the content (including building relationships with outside supporting parties i.e developers, content providers etc).
- supporting the delivery/dissemination process internally within the charity and to it's wider external network across all learners.
- responsible for promoting and communicating the training available, as well as monitoring take- up rates and the evaluation of its effectiveness. You will also assist internally around competency development within the charity and ensure the training needs of employees are met.
This role will encompass the traditional L&D role internally, but the Learning & Development Manager will also be responsible for the L&D programmes (including setting up programmes with universities) that support the charity's end users.
- You will be educated to degree level or equivalent, with a proven background in continuous development.
- Experience of working in an L&D function ideally at Manager level.
- Able to demonstrate experience of undertaking TNA, creating training content and collateral in a variety of media forms.
- Experienced in developing online (e-learning) content via a Learning/Content Management System.
- Strong project management skills.
- Confident, able to build relationships with external and internal stakeholders at all levels, with impeccable communication skills.
- Great influencing skills, an able presenter with the ability to manage a budget and be super organised, with exceptional attention to detail.
It would be good to have:
- Previous experience of working in a national /global association, charity or a franchise environment would be helpful, as would additional language skills.
There will occasionally be times where you will need to travel on behalf of the Charity, with could involve some overnight stays.
They offer some great benefits including, 25 days annual leave + public holidays, Private Health Care , Life Assurance, Health Cash Plan and Pension Scheme. Working hours are 9-5pm Monday-Friday, with some potential flexibility for the right candidate.
Please note that Clearcut Recruitment is acting as an Employment Agency.
Due to the high volume of applications we are currently receiving, it is unfortunate that we are unable to respond to all applicants individually. We will try to contact all suitable candidates within 5 working days. If you have not heard from us within this time then, unfortunately, your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. However, we will keep your details on file and contact you regarding any new opportunities that arise that suit your skills and background.
L&D Advisor, Senior L&D Advisor, L&D Officer, Learning & Development Manager
- Blended Learning
- Learning Management
- Learning and Development
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job