Here at Whitehall we are enjoying a period of growth and expansion. In order to continue our commitment with our Learning and Development activities, we now have an exciting opening to join our HR team based in Colchester, Essex, specifically within our Learning and Development function. This is an entry level role and would be suitable for someone looking for their first move into a training, learning and development career.
Overview of role:
To assist the L&D function in implementing a full suite of training relevant to the required competencies of the business and assist with the design, maintenance and administration roles within the team.
- Assist in the preparation and delivery of effective induction and orientation sessions for new starters
- Initially supporting the delivering a range of internal training courses for the business with a view to running sessions independently in the future
- Support the deployment of a wide variety of training methods
- Assisting in the evaluation process of training program’s effectiveness
- Maintain training material quality and accuracy by reviewing all material and liaising with business partners to improve content
- Maintaining and updating training records
- Booking training sessions and ensuring all relevant material is produced for the L&D Lead in preparation for sessions
- Maintain a keen understanding of training trends, developments and best practices
- Interpersonal skills that enable you to work with people at all levels, motivate others and change people's attitudes when necessary
- Written and spoken communication skills that allow you to inform and advise others clearly
- Initiative and have the ability to offer new ideas
- Organisational and planning skills to manage your time and to meet deadlines and objectives
- Good time-keeping skills to enable you to effectively manage training schedules
- Personal commitment to improving others and your own knowledge and skills.
- Results orientated and driven to evidence improvements
This role would ideally be suited to someone who has a passion for learning and is keen on starting a career in Learning and Development. Full training and mentoring will be provided.