Our client, a leading global law firm require a Learning & Development Assistant to work within the Learning and Development (L&D) team, which forms part of the wider HR department based in the firm’s London office.
The L&D team works on a broad range of learning initiatives across the firm. From legal to skills training, they look after the development needs of lawyers, members of business services and clients. They are highly regarded within the firm for their solutions-focussed approach and attention to detail.
This is an exciting opportunity for a proactive and confident individual to work in a fast-paced L&D team. This varied role involves coordinating legal and business skills training, along with other members of the team. The job will involve contact with the firm’s partners, lawyers and members of Business Services as well as a key role in various ongoing team projects. The assistant must have strong administrative skills and be proactive in managing a varied workload.
- Coordinate the administrative aspects of skills and legal training for trainees and skills training for business services staff and secretaries. This includes: scheduling dates; liaising with speakers; preparing materials (often under time pressure); setting up rooms; and taking charge of feedback.
- Be one of the L&D team’s experts in the use of the firm’s learning and performance management system (Cornerstone).
- Monitor and update relevant areas of the L&D team’s budget.
- Build solid relationships within the firm, including with lawyers (at all levels of seniority) and across other Business Services teams to help promote the L&D team in its advisory role to the business.
- Assist the L&D team with the administration of any other training or development opportunities.
- The L&D Assistant will report into an L&D Advisor, but will be expected to work with the entire team to provide excellent client service.
- The role will require some flexible working outside of our normal working hours to accommodate training commitments.
- Degree-educated and/or 3+ years working within a corporate/L&D environment with a strong interest in L&D.
- A confident, proactive and solutions-focussed individual prepared to use their initiative in managing their workload.
- Sound judgement and common sense approach to areas of responsibility.
- Excellent communication skills when working and corresponding with internal and external clients at all levels of seniority; able to act as an ambassador for the L&D team in all client contact.
- Excellent attention to detail and good use of grammar.
- Able to work independently and as a team player on a broad range of projects.
- Solid technical skills, including an advanced knowledge of Microsoft packages (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint). Ability to familiarise with new systems (such as Cornerstone and voting technology) quickly.
- Strong organisational skills, able to multi-task and resilient under pressure when working to tight deadlines.
- High level of professionalism and integrity; displays the highest standards of professional ethics.
- Communication Skills
- Law Firm
- Organisational Skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job