Are you a Mentor or Pastoral Manager looking for a new opportunity?
A Primary School in Leyland are seeking a Learning Mentor who will deliver learning and pastoral support to pupils within a mainstream setting through a personalised learning programme.
The role as a Learning Mentor will be to:
- Identify and address the social and emotional needs of the students.
- Have responsibility for the health and safety of the students.
- Maintain up to date records of the outreach support plan and attendance to share these with the Head of Outreach and other persons involved in a timely fashion.
- Encourage students to be actively involved in the learning process and in reviewing their own performance
- Deal with inappropriate behaviour quickly and effectively.
- Liaise with parents, agencies and other staff as necessary
- Attend scheduled meetings
The school is ideally looking for a candidate who has previous experience of working within mainstream or vocational settings. In addition, the successful Learning or Pastoral Mentor will have high emotional intelligence, a resilience when working under pressure, be a good team player who is able to also work independently, experience of additional educational needs that may affect the emotional welfare and behaviour of students and relevant interventions to manage this.
This will be a full time role starting immediately Monday - Friday up until the end of the academic year and going on into September with a chance of becoming permanent.
Does this sound like the new challenge you are looking for? If so please apply with your most updated CV to be considered for this role.
- Special Needs
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'