Umbrella rate: £17.50 an hour
Working on behalf of a Local Authority, Aatom Recruitment has an excellent opportunity for an experienced Learning and Development Specialist on a 3 month contract with a possibility of an extension. They would like someone who has the experience and knowledge in the following:
Purpose of the role -
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an experienced Learning and Development Specialist to join the People & Organisation Development team on behalf of our client. You will work alongside colleagues developing and delivering a range of learning solutions to support the delivery of our people strategy, playing a key role in enabling both our commercial and cultural transformation, whilst shaping and delivering the learning solutions that our people need.
It is a particularly busy time following the launch of our new Behaviours & Attributes framework and our recent recognition as an approved ILM centre, which means this is very much is a hands-on role, designing and delivering a range of cutting edge, blended development solutions
Duties and Responsibilities -
- Contribute to the development and delivery of the Council's People strategy and development programmes
- Provide a high quality service, developing, designing and delivering training and staff development programmes
- Work with managers and HR Business Partners in identifying learning and development requirements.
- Liaise with national organisations and government bodies overseeing professional standards as they relate to the workforce, ensuring their requirements are met and exchanging relevant information
- Utilise the most up to date models of learning and development to achieve maximum impact and achieve value for money
- To evaluate development programmes and monitor and measure the outcomes and impact of these activities
- To work closely with agencies to ensure a shared approach to joint working, joint training and integration of services.
- To support the workforce to reach their full potential by promoting a wide range of learning opportunities to meet their needs.
- To communicate regularly and clearly, with all staff, key information about training/learning/development opportunities and associated activities
- Working across services and with partner agencies to ensure budget and resources are used effectively to support Council priorities and service objectives. Taking responsibility to ensure value for money being clearly evidenced at all times
- To undertake any other duties reasonably expected to be undertaken by a post holder at this level.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience -
- Candidate must have experience in training delivery.
- Able to commission, design, develop, deliver and evaluate training in a way that meets the diverse needs of the workforce Able to work autonomously with drive and enthusiasm and prioritise own workload
- Able to demonstrate an understanding of discrimination in relation to training delivery and learning and development
- Able to competently use word processing, presentation and spreadsheet packages e.g. MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint
- Able to support the implementation and use of technology in the workplace e.g. systems to support agile ways of working
- Able to utilise the most up to date methods to achieve the best learning experiences for the workforce
- Able to communicate effectively with a wide range of people; maintaining positive relationships and using negotiating skills to maximum affect
- Knowledge of National workforce development priorities in relation to the workforce and the public sector
- Knowledge of learning theory and its application to training programmes
- An understanding of blended learning, distance learning and/or eLearning
- Direct experience of training, facilitation, practice teaching and mentoring or equivalent
- Demonstrate experience of initiating and planning multi agency/partnership projects and programmes
- Experience of delivering projects and cross cutting programmes within a diverse organisation
- Experience of delivering successful completion of complex and varied programmes within specified timescales
- Learning and Development Specialist
- Workforce. eLearning