As an experienced Learning and Development Officer you will need to advise, guide and support learners to be compliant with their mandatory training and to maximise qualifications with a high level of quality, including liaising with the Home Managers and external training providers on the progress of the learners.
Job Specific Responsibilities
As the L&D Officer you will be required to provide corporate support in all areas of training and learning and development as well as undertake the following tasks:
- Ensure all homes are complying with the mandatory training requirements
- Support managers to create an annual training programme for their service. Work with the Home Managers and Regional Managers to develop programmes which includes personal development of individuals as well as the Home’s compliance requirements. The programme should reflect a blended approach to training and uses all sources of training available.
- Create a corporate annual training plan to cover training for managers and clinical training for nurses.
- Co-ordinate the delivery of the Care Certificate across the company.
- Book all externally sourced training. Maintain regular contact with external training providers to ensure training incorporates GCH policies and procedures, review service provision and address any issues arising from training delivered.
- Maintain contact with, and look for new, training providers who can access funding streams for training such as ESF on our behalf.
- Identify new training and development needs with Managers and Regional Managers
- Work alongside our internal train the trainers to ensure effective training is being delivered across the business.
- Assess the effectiveness and evaluate L&D programmes
- Develop and write processes for all areas of L&D
- To design and analyse training and L&D surveys
- To manage the corporate Induction programme alongside Human Resources.
- To produce reports as required such as training needs analysis, statistics on training being attended/achieved
- Support managers with using company’s e-learning effectively
- Responsible for liaising with external training providers and gaining access to funding streams
- Responsible for managing the Apprenticeship levy and claiming Workforce Development Funds, supporting homes to ensure NMDS-SC is up to date.
- Responsible for ensuring claims are made to HCPA under the mandatory training grant for Hertfordshire homes.
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills
- Ability to work within set budgets
- Knowledge of how to prioritise the work that will deliver the most effective returns
- Previous experience in Learning and Development
- Knowledge of the Care Sector
- Competitive Salary
- Social Care
- Learning and Development