Learning and Development Manager
We are currently seeking an innovative Learning and Development Manager who is looking for a role where they can really add value and make their mark on an organisation. Our professional services client is about to embark on a period of change and in order to support that change, needs a competent private sector L&D innovator to add value in this newly created internal Learning and Development role.
Reporting to the engaging and inspiring HR Director this role is particularly unique as it is a new role, it will be for the person coming in to make it their own.It will offer the appointee the opportunity to really add value to an already successful and growing business.
- Undertake a full TNA in order to identify training needs.
- Design, implement and deliver new training initiatives that better engage and develop talent and addresses skills and behavioural gaps.
- Drive forward a learning culture and show how learning can add value to the organisation.
- Manage day to day spend of the training budget.
- Provide 1-1 coaching to managers on behavioural and soft skills.
- To manage the firm’s apprenticeship levy and ensure it is being utilised effectively.
- Coach, mentor and develop the L&D Co-ordinator
- To support the Director of HR with the delivery of projects.
- Manage relationships with external training providers
- To design, implement and manage a junior management development programme
- Support the HRD in the development of L&D activities to enhance leadership capabilities
- Evaluate current and future training programmes and ensure they are fit for purpose and return and ROI.
- We are looking for an experienced L&D professional who is a graduate with a degree from a good university, preferably with a training qualification.
- Experience of designing comprehensive TNAs to identify skills gaps and make recommendations.
- Innovative: able to design and deliver creative engaging training programmes.
- Excellent project management skills
- Experience of designing blended learning solutions across different functions.
- Adept at managing and negotiating effectively with 3rd party L&D providers.
- Experienced in working with and managing apprenticeships and graduate programmes.
- Good training and facilitation skills
- Must be articulate, well presented and educated with the ability to influence within a high intellect, highly educated workforce.
- Passionate about working in a consultative and collaborative manner with a quiet diplomatic influencing style which is credible at all levels and instills confidence.
- Gains buy in to new ways of working, by asking questions, sowing seeds, making suggestions and giving options rather than instructions.
As this is a newly created role within a newly created internal learning function, it will give the appointee superb scope to shape the role into something which will add significant value to the organisation.
Previous applicants need not apply.