Our client, in the pharmaceutical business is looking to recruit an experienced Learning & Development Manager to work in their offices in Oxford. This is a newly created role due to the expanding nature of the business. The purpose of the role is to ensure that the employees develop the skills, knowledge and capabilities, to high levels of competence that enable their business to grow by continuing to meet the needs of their clients. Reporting to the HR Director this is a stand-alone role.
Key requirements of the role
- Develop the learning and development strategy, associated policies and continually update them in alignment to business needs.
- Ensure that job descriptions, including competencies, are in place for all roles and that career progression for all roles is clear.
- Work closely to identify learning and development needs, develop and evaluate solutions that meet current needs and support career progression for all employees.
- Identify, select, manage and evaluate the very best professional external providers, accreditation bodies and utilise internal talent where appropriate, including yourself, to deliver a range of blended learning solutions that meet identified needs.
- Degree level
- CIPD Diploma in Learning and Development (or equivalent) or at least five years of experience in a Learning & Development role, including delivery
- A Masters in L&D or similar would be an advantage
- A background or strong understanding of the Pharma or Healthcare sectors would be an advantage
- Evidence of having identified needs, designed, delivered and evaluated a learning and development solution that has positively impacted on an organisation's key performance indictors
- Able to work independently and be a team player
- Confident and articulate, with clear communication skills which includes keeping all relevant stakeholders in the loop
- Excellent attention to detail and ability to work strategically with business partners
- Able to demonstrate continuing professional/personal development
This role would suit an experienced L&D Manager looking for their next move or a Learning & Development Director. In return you will receive a competitive salary + benefits together with the opportunity to work for a forward thinking and expanding company.