Investigo is pleased to be working with a multi-national business based in Stevenage whom are looking for an enthusiastic Learning and Development HR Advisor to join them as part of their L&D Team.
You will act as a consultant and advisor to a section of the UK business on all aspects of learning and development, and will provide cost-effective solutions and on-going support to ensure that our business goals are achieved. Responsibilities include;
- You will be consulting with internal customers, diagnosing key business challenges for the future, and helping to identify formal and informal learning and development solutions to address those needs.
- You will provide specialist advice and guidance to individuals, business customers and HR colleagues, and you will work with our managed service provider, trusted suppliers and internal experts to deliver quality solutions, which help resolve problems
- You will be project managing strategic L&D initiatives for the UK, and occasionally, the international business
- Apart from sourcing existing development options, designing and developing new learning programmes, the ideal candidate will have the confidence and assurance to design and deliver team-building days and other workshops
This is an opportunity to make a real difference to individuals and to the wider business, by helping to identify solutions to their needs. Working in a team which is heavily involved in supporting and driving change in the business you will have be instrumental in the development of new skills and knowledge, whilst contributing to national and international learning initiatives.
You will have the ability to think creatively, identify solutions and follow through to delivery and evaluation. Whilst working closely with new and evolving teams in the business, facilitating their learning together by running bespoke workshops and other learning interventions. The possibility of a small amount of European travel is possible in this role.
- You will ideally be educated to degree level and preferably with, or working towards, a CIPD or other relevant qualification
- You will be a clear and credible communicator, and a passionate advocate for all forms of learning
- You will have some previous training and/or other development experience
- You will be proactive and resilient, with the initiative and real drive to achieve results
- You will be thorough and well-organised with the ability to think and plan ahead
- You will build strong working relationships with colleagues, customers and suppliers and will be an ambassador for the L&D team and the HR function
- You will be aware of your own impact on others, confident using a variety of influencing styles, and will be comfortable challenging others at all levels of the organisation.
- You will be able to work flexibly as some travel may be required
- Skills in training needs analysis, design or delivery of training are required
- Experience of learning technologies would be advantageous
- A generalist HR background would be valuable, although not necessary