Learning and Development Advisor
Reporting To: Head of Human Resources
Office Location: Croydon - with requirement to visit other UK offices as required
Slary: £35,000 -£40,000 dependent on experience plus competitive benefits
About Hurley Palmer Flatt
HDR | Hurley Palmer Flatt Group specialises in delivering smart solutions for your toughest challenges. Our expertise spans more than 10,000 employees, in more than 200 locations around the world. We combine technical resources with flexibility to complete your most complex and extensive projects. Our professionals represent hundreds of disciplines to provide a spectrum of services including Building Services Engineering, Structures & Civil Engineering, Energy & Sustainability, Smart Building, Commissioning and Digital Management.
Our Company objective is to develop towards our goal of ensuring maximum profitability whilst achieving a totally professional integrated multi-disciplinary Consultancy service in the UK and globally, highly focused directly to our Client needs providing the best technical and cost-effective solutions delivered on time, whilst providing staff a good team working environment and structured career progression.
The Learning and Development Advisor role encompasses three strands of Human Resources Management: training & development, recruitment and generalist HR support. The key objectives of the role are:
- Developing and implementing learning strategies and programs
- Developing and managing third party relationships with training providers and professional institutions
- Refining and supporting the UK recruitment process
- Partnering with a defined business area to provide generalist HR support
Learning & Development
Be the focal point for developing learning strategies covering:
- Content of the Learning Management System - including developing new offerings as a result of Personal Development Plan (PDP) outputs;
- Managing the in-house Graduate Training Scheme in liaison with a specialist advisor;
- Acting as first point of contact for graduate schemes accredited with CIBSE, IMechE, IET, ICE;
- Managing apprentice schemes for HPF Group;
- Develop training budget based on PDP outputs and other business requirements for discussion and sign-off with Group CFO;
- Co-ordinating the Gifted & Talented leadership development program;
- Manage the Personal Development Plan cycle.
- Partnering with leadership to establish requirements for apprentice, technician and graduate trainee cohorts each year;
- Developing recruitment plans to achieve the intake required, engaging with business representatives to support attraction strategies;
- Training leaders in interviewing skills to ensure robust hiring decisions;
- Monitor the recruitment mailbox;
- Managing the recruitment process end to end.
- Setting standards for and developing preferred supplier list;
- Monitoring supplier performance and remove those who do not comply.
Generalist Human Resources
- Acting as Business Partner for defined business area, meeting regularly with leadership to understand and advise on emerging issues;
- Support business area on employment relations issues, providing guidance to managers to help them resolve issues in a timely way. These will cover the full range of employee relations issues such as sickness absence management, performance, resourcing etc;
- Assist with Training & Development Administration for own defined area;
- Manage the HR and Recruitment email boxes on a daily basis, in collaboration with the HR Team;
- Within area of responsibility, ensure all HR filing is up to date and that right to work documentation is correct and up to date;
- Assist with any HR projects, as instructed by the HR Team, for example.
EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience in a similar role is essential, ideally gained in professional services
- Proven experience of supporting a variety of business units
- Ability to establish rapport and good working relationships with individuals across the organisation at all levels of hierarchy
- Good project management skills coupled with organisation and prioritisation - able to manage multiple priorities
- Ability to project a positive, welcoming and professional attitude at all times
- Attention to detail, diligent at all times and a proactive attitude
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good presentation skills desired
- Able to work as part as a team collaboratively and co-operatively
- Self-motivated with a good level of drive and enthusiasm and a desire to learn
- Personable approach and a 'can do’ attitude are essential
- Competency in MS Office, PowerPoint, SharePoint are desired
- Educated degree level or equivalent
- CIPD Level 7 Advanced Qualification (or working towards completion)
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'