The Learning and Behaviour Mentor will work across a variety of locations within a set geographical area (i.e. Scunthorpe, Doncaster and Grimsby) This role is suitable for a passionate and confident person with experience of working with young people who can exhibit challenging behaviour and young people with learning support needs.
- Challenging Behaviour/Learning Needs
- Work with individual young people or small groups over a short period or long period of time to provide immediate support for their additional needs.
- Assess the learning needs of young people on the programme and suggest adaptations that can be made to sessions to support them and ensure they are included in activities.
What you will need:
- Experience working directly with young people who can exhibit challenging behaviour and/or young people who have learning support needs.
- Knowledge of how to make adaptions to make an activity inclusive.
- Knowledge of strategies to manage challenging behaviour.
- Ability to motivate and earn the respect of young people.
- Ability to build rapport and an effective working relationship with young people and colleagues quickly.
- Belief in the importance of bringing all young people together regardless of differences.
- Experience of working in a fast paced and demanding environment.
- Ability to work independently.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Belief in young people and in helping them take more active roles in their communities.
For more information apply now!
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business