An exciting and rewarding opportunity for Learner Support Assistant to join a fantastic care provider who support young people with learning disabilities on a term-time only basis.
Learner Support Assistant Role: Working under the centre management, your role will be to support the residents both socially and academically, both in and outside of the house. The young people have a range of learning disabilities and challenging behaviours so the successful candidate must have experience in both of these areas. Your overall responsibility is to ensure all residents have equal opportunities to develop themselves and prepare for adult life. This will be achieved by promoting the rights of the residents to be treated with dignity and respect, respecting the confidences of the young person (unless a safe guarding issue arose), promoting self esteem, support the YPs in making informed decisions, and protecting them from harm in line with the clients safeguarding policy.
General Learner Support Assistant duties include:
- Build stable relationships with the YPs and encourage them to form strong bonds with their families, friends and other staff members.
· Undertake duties relating to the physical care of learners (toileting, washing, dressing and feeding) that support a learners attendance.
· Support with physical interventions when necessary to ensure the safety of Learners and other staff.
· undertake duties relating to the medical care of learners that supports a learner’s attendance as directed by Medical/Therapy staff;
· observing, monitoring and supporting learners in order to support their attendance; · supporting the specific learning needs of learners in order to support their attendance;
· track the progress of individual learners and report progress to the tutor, Assistant Director of Learning/Director of Integrated Services and parents at review meetings;
· support/implement personal or group programmes that have been designed by members of the Medical/Therapy team;
· be aware of and follow those safety measures prescribed for supervising learners when leaving or joining transport;
· undertake to receive such training and other support that is made available on induction and on other occasions. Training required of the post holder will include Induction Training, Team Teach (2 day), First Aid training, Basic Food Hygiene and Safeguarding training.<p style="margin: 0cm; margin-bottom: .0001pt; font-variant-ligatures: normal; font-variant-caps: normal; orphans: 2; text-align: start; widows: 2; -webkit-text-stroke-width: 0px; text-decoration-style: initial; text-decoration-co