My client is a global leading engineering organisation that provides a design and manufacturing service for a variety of industries including Oil & Gas, Power Generation, Marine and Industrial markets.
There is the rare opportunity for an experienced Lean Facilitator to join their extremely stable site on the outskirts of Glasgow.
The successful candidate will promote and educate a culture of waste identification and reduction throughout the entire site, including both manufacturing and back office services. Their initiatives will result in a significant impact to Quality, Cost, Delivery, Safety and People Development.
As the Lean Facilitator you will demonstrate a strong, active, and participative style to provide leadership in the strategy and execution of lean processes within a manufacturing engineering environment. You will engage with the various functions to assess and deploy the appropriate CI tools & techniques to establish robust processes that will promote the client's lean vision and drive and influence a mindset of Continuous Improvement throughout the business.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Proven past experience in managing, motivating, and influencing team behaviours
- Experience of collecting and analysing 'voice of the customer' data to create and enhance customer value
- Degree in Engineering or relevant discipline, Operations Management, or business administration
- Experience of CI / Lean methodologies within both manufacturing and service
- Must be highly self-motivated and driven
- Relevant Lean Continuous Improvement qualification earned within an engineering or related field
- 3+ years of operations/production experience with demonstrated process improvement experiences
- 2+ years of experience of leading Kaizen and deploying lean tools and principles
- The ability to coordinate and lead successful cross-functional improvements is necessary in addition to possessing superior written, oral and presentation skills
- Working experiences with functional leaders to establish and execute CI roadmap to deliver baseline results
- Proficient in all Microsoft suite packages essential
- SME/AME/ASQ/Shingo Prizes Lean Certification or other Lean Six Sigma certification
- Track record of having managed and facilitated change
- Led 20 plus kaizen events
This opportunity is a FTC (Fixed Term Contract) and as such will last for approx. 9 months.
Pro Rata salary of £35,000 - £40,000 (depending on prior experience)
- Continuous Improvement
- Process Improvement
- Lean Facilitator
- Lean Improvement