My client, a well established engineering company based within the Reading area are looking to recruit a Leading Setter on a permanent basis.
The role will support the Team Leader in running a small team to produce high quality perforated metal and plastic components and to set and operate CNC presses. Ideally candidates will have a Sheet Metal background.
Responsibilities / Duties:
• To set and operate CNC perforating presses.
• To produce quality parts at output targets.
• To carry out checks in line with ISO procedures.
• Ensure quality standards are met and high standards of housekeeping are maintained
• To drive a continual improvement culture within the team.
• Attend other meetings and generate ideas for improvements.
• Ensure the health and safety and welfare of self and others at all times.
• Assist in developing competencies of team members, identifying training and development needs and working with the Team Leader and Production Planner to achieve these.
Skills / Experience
• Manufacturing with a mechanical background, ideally Sheet Metal.
• Numerate and literate.
• Able to read technical drawings.
• Able to use measuring equipment (micrometers/verniers).
• PC literate.
• Effective communicator at all levels.
• Lead by example.
This role is offered on a rotating shift pattern of 06.00 - 14.00 / 14.00 - 22.00 which rotates weekly.
Please send your CV for immediate consideration and interview
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job