Location: County Hall, Chelmsford
Hours: Full time, 37 hours per week
Salary: £20,000 - £22,500 per annum
The Leadership and Cabinet Support service provides a flexible and agile service to senior leaders, enabling them to achieve strategic goals. As a Leadership Assistant, you will primarily support a specific functional area, to provide efficient administration services including effective diary and inbox management. Daily tasks will include preparation of correspondence, arranging events and supporting key meetings to include minute taking. .
This role requires excellent organisational skills and the ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders at senior level, including leadership teams. You will require experience of working within a business support environment and delivering a complete range of administrative tasks, including meeting support, diary management and tracking progress against agreed actions.
* Work closely with senior leaders, Executive Assistant and support colleagues, to deliver a professional, support service to enhance the effectiveness of the Functional Leadership Team
* Responsible for proactive management of senior leader's diaries, ensuring appropriate use of time, provision of meeting materials, arranging suitable venues and equipment and booking travel if required.
* Provides a range of meeting support services including documentation preparation and circulation, minute taking where business critical.
* Develop and maintain electronic filing systems which ensure correspondence and data are effectively monitored.
* Responsible for managing confidential information appropriately, collating and distributing political and sensitive information in line with policy and procedures.
* Contributes to the effective management of the Complaints process.
* Specific individual, shared targets and objectives are defined annually within the performance management framework
* Responsible for management of senior leader's emails, post and calls, gate keeping where required and prioritising items for attention, according to sensitivity, confidentiality and contention. Using professional judgement and working knowledge to resolve issues where appropriate.
* Educated to level 2, (GCSE) or equivalent by experience.
* Evidence of continuing professional development and good knowledge in relevant professional area.
* Evidence of working within a business support environment as well as experience of delivering personal and meeting support including prioritising competing demands is essential.
* Experience of managing information and data record systems, with good analytical and research skills.
* Experience of working closely with senior leaders, in a complex business environment.
* Experience and confidence in interacting and dealing with a wide range of people at varying levels of position and seniority.
* Strong communication skills with proven ability to translate information/data in a clear way, to a wide range of audiences.
* Ability to deliver organisational and cultural change, which leads to continuous improvement and innovation in service delivery.
Essex County Council is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, and expects all employees and volunteers to share this commitment.
We seek the best talent from the widest pool of people as diversity is key to our success.
As part of employment with Essex County Council (ECC) should your role require a DBS check you will be required to register with the DBS update service. The DBS update service ensures all registered DBS certificates are kept up to date and allows authorised parties to view the status of your certificate. This is an annual subscription and you will be responsible for ensuring this is maintained. For further information on the DBS update service please visit: https://dbs-update-service
Essex County Council is proud to offer an excellent benefits package to all its employees. More information can be found on https://benefits)
If you have any queries regarding this role, or require anything further, please contact the Essex Recruitment Team on *
*Calls to this number are charged in the same way as calls to numbers starting 01 or 02, please check with your service provider
Working for Essex welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Working for Essex is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
- Personal Assistant
- Support services
- Leadership Assistant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"