This is an exciting opportunity to join an Agile, solution-driven development team in which you will enjoy the freedom to learn, choose and implement some of the latest web technologies while supporting existing mission critical applications for public and in house applications.
You must have a passion for writing solid well-structured software using modern development practices and technology. You will work with the team to define process and technical direction, and lead the team through the implementation and ensure best practices are maintained.
You’ll enjoy solving complex problems and programming in variety of languages. You will work on projects, ranging from maintaining existing products to building new solutions using a variety of technologies to deliver and support web-based applications in a dedicated private infrastructure.
This is a great opportunity to work in a fun and challenging environment, with flexible working, free beverages, fruit and snacks, music on tap, TV, monthly social events, personal development days, free personal tests and many other benefits.
Required experience (in order of importance):
- Proficient with relational databases e.g. MySQL
- Good working knowledge of MVC frameworks
- Practical experience of Team leadership and mentoring
- Proficient with Git
- Experience of developing/working with web services and REST APIs
- Good knowledge of OOP
- Good knowledge of testing strategies, TDD, BDD and writing automated tests and testing frameworks (e.g. PHPUnit, PHPSpec)
- Experience of Agile (Scrum) and XP development practices
- Experience of working with Product owners to create User stories and acceptance tests
- Experience of evangelising introducing and mentoring teams on new technologies, frameworks and libraries
- Experience of automated deployment such as Jenkins and Octopus
- Degree in computer science or a related field or significant work experience in web development
Desirable technologies and experience:
- Knowledge of ColdFusion
- Knowledge of microservices architecture
- Experience of working with legacy codebases and dealing with technical debt
- Experience of Data transformation tech such as XSLT
- Knowledge of PAAS e.g. Google Cloud/ Heroku
- Experience of managing team
- Keen about new techs and keeping updated with them in the relevant topics
- Experience of developing in an Agile environment
- Experience of conducting and undergoing peer code review
- A passionate advocate of internet technology
- Problem solving
- Keen to research and find new brighter technologies around web and select the best tools for the task
- Passion for good application architecture
- Sociable, enthusiastic, collaborative, proactive and team player
- Circa £40k-£50k (depending on experience) + Benefits
Cordius Limited is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
- Software Development
- Web Development