Lead UX Designer
Are you a Lead UX Designer looking for a new role where you can put your UX experience to good use as well as lead a small team of talented UX/UI Designers? This global company has several offices around the UK and you can work out of any of them; the biggest offices are in Birmingham, Bristol and London and there will be 2/3 days onsite/offsite split from the Autumn. Do you enjoy working within a collaborative environment where you can use your user experience design as well as manage and inspire a small team? Are you full of ideas and passionate about creating fresh, digital solutions? Are you passionate about creating both web-based and app-based UX designs that really solve the clients' problems, as well as the end design being beautifully crafted. If you would love to play a key digital role within a multi-disciplinary team of highly creative and innovative people and enjoy the benefits that come with working in a large company, then this could be a fantastic move in your career! This is a permanent role offering a salary of £55K-£60K DOE.
Our client is a global design consultancy and their largest UX department is based in central Birmingham. They work on global projects and with multiple different clients, offering creative design and innovation services both to internal and external clients. They work with high-profile organisations in the transport, energy, architecture, and engineering sectors and work collaboratively in helping their clients achieve their ambitions. At the heart of the business sits their thriving in-house design team; a highly talented team of 80 people across 7 locations in the UK, providing expertise in graphic design, UX, UI design, 3D, software development, motion, film and immersive media. They provide a positive and progressive working culture with the opportunity to make a big impact, broaden your skills and build your own client relationships.
This is a highly collaborative role that will see you working closely with the Lead and Principal Designers in the team as well as offer guidance and mentorship to a small team of UX/UI Designers. You are someone with strong user-centered design skills, who communicates clearly and persuasively to clients and engages with colleagues. With your problem-solving approach, you will use a high degree of technical judgement to resolve design challenges driven by user needs, collaborating with your colleagues and clients to define and implement innovative solutions for the product direction, visuals and experience.
This role offers great scope to grow your experience areas, whether you're developing wireframes and prototypes for MVPs, or consulting on user flows and interaction patterns for existing platforms. You can lead a Discovery workshop and manage the flow of work within your team.
- You will create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows and site maps to effectively communicate interaction and design ideas, and also create prototypes for user testing
- You will lead a small team of talented UX/UI Designers, look at the flow and quality of work and mentoring them to keep developing within their careers
- You can manage multiple projects (varying in size) and enjoy the pace of a busy agency design team, collaborating with teams across the various offices
- Utilising your understanding of Information Architecture, you will apply designs to different development frameworks, across a large scope of projects including mobile and web applications, websites, digital efficiency tools, immersive exhibition displays, virtual reality apps and e-learning courses
- Create prototypes that can communicate to clients/customers for user testing
- You will confidently facilitate client discovery workshops to gather requirements and evolve your designs and utilise your understanding of Information Architecture to apply designs to different development frameworks
- You'll support managing the UX team and building a pipeline of work whilst embracing the variety and enjoy the buzz of a dynamic working environment.
You have strong commercial experience in a UX role, with a proven ability to solve design problems. You will have managed/mentored other UX/UI Designers in your current or previous role and like to have responsibility for a team and how you can all continue to grow and inspire each other. You are passionate about digital and constantly enhancing your knowledge and keeping up with emerging trends in design. You love being part of a fast-paced team, sharing knowledge and helping others. You have a thorough grasp of web and mobile applications and an excellent understanding of user-centered design principles and practices, web standards and layouts, typography and colour, and web usability standards.
They offer an impressive benefits package and provide real opportunities for career development. If you feel your skills and work ethic are suited to this role, please send your CV and portfolio ASAP.
- Graphic Design
- User Experience
- Creative Agency
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'