BMI Sloane Hospital is part of BMI Healthcare, the UK’s largest independent healthcare employer. With over 60 hospitals across the UK and over 10,000 staff, BMI Healthcare really is a ‘magnet for the best’ nursing, theatre and allied healthcare professionals, as well as non-clinical and support staff who underpin our growing business. Being part of a bigger healthcare group gives you, as an employee, great future career opportunities all over the country.
BMI Sloane Hospital is situated in Shortlands on the out skirts of Bromley which holds excellent links to London. Home to 32 beds with the majority of these having en-suite facilities our patients are guaranteed a first class and relaxing service during their visit. BMI Sloane Hospital offers a variety of outpatient services including Physiotherapy, General Medical Admissions and Health Screening, which provides a wide range of services to both corporate and individual patients.
Our state of the art technology and highly experienced consultants enable BMI Sloane Hospital to provide healthcare across a number of specialities. All our patients will be cared for by our highly trained nursing team supported by Allied Healthcare who are on site for imaging and x-rays.
We have an opportunity for a Lead Theatre Practitioner - Scrub to join their team of staff in the Theatres Department covering Orthopaedics
This is a role for 37.5 hours a week.
Applicants should meet the following criteria:
- Mentorship in Practice or equivalent
- Experience in a senior theatre
- Experience in orthopaedic, and general surgery at a senior level
- Evidence of Continuing Professional Development (CPD)
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Excellent leadership skills.
- Good mentor/coaching skills.
- Application of knowledge of specialised procedures and equipment used in the Operating Theatre
Duties of this role include:
- Responsible for co-ordinating and leading a team of staff for Theatres
- Check Operating lists and booking forms in advance to organise any special equipment required. Liaise with Consultants and companies to ensure correct instruments and implants and equipment is ordered and received
- Appropriately allocate staff to meet the activity. This will involve looking at the off duty, working closely with staff and making changes when and where possible.
- To book and utilise bank and agency staff ensuring minimum use of temporary staffing.
- Plan and organise operating lists with Consultants and secretaries
- To undertake scrub and circulating duties with theatres
- To work within the role of Advanced Scrub Practitioner with extended skills
Please see attached role profile for further detailed information on the responsibilities and accountabilities of this vacancy.
Salary & Benefits:
BMI Healthcare offers up to £40,000 pa for this vacancy and offers access to a wide range of employee benefits, including:
- BMI Healthcare Scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
- Staff Pension Scheme
- 25 days holiday per annum
If you would like to apply for this opportunity, please complete our brief online application form and ensure to upload the most recent copy of CV. We aim to respond to your application within 14 days of the closing date.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job