Position: Tester - Automation - contract/interim
Duration: 6 months
Rate: highly competitive
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced tester to join our ESB hub on a 6-month contract. You will be working on an exciting project to implement a new hotel management system for our hotels. This will be one of the biggest changes we’ve undertaken across our hotels and to do it right, we need you – a test professional with automation experience with Selenium, SOAP UI & Postman experience.
We are a FTSE100 organisation, the UK's leading hospitality company with brands such as Premier Inn, Costa Coffee and Beefeater.
What you will be doing:
The tester is responsible for working with the project team on the continuous improvement of the development process with end-to-end quality in mind and are required to ensure quality assurance and automation principles are followed. This role is specifically for the Enterprise Service Bus team, working alongside the Mulesoft 3rd Party supplier to assure the interfaces through reviews of the suppliers and internal team test approach, including test environment and data management for the purposes of testing.
- Work closely with 3rd Party Suppliers to review quality assurance approach – from unit testing through to system integration testing.
- Support the business acceptance testing team in understanding the Mulesoft product in the context of end user experiencE
- Drive the automated testing of a product at each stage of the development cycle ensuring we minimise the requirement for manual testing in favour of automated regression tests
- Lead the System Integration testing within the ESB hub, working collaboratively with interfacing project teams to ensure end to end testing to a high quality.
- Produces test approaches, in particular albeit not exclusively System Integration Test, scenarios, test scripts, data setup and successfully executes testing
- Work closely with the Product Owner and Developers to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure high quality BDD test cases and automation scripts are produced.
- Supporting the relevant project teams in planning and reviewing tests, estimates and depth of testing. Includes daily stand-ups, sprint reviews/ demos & retros to ensure that quality code, based on solid unit testing principles are released into Production on a regular cycle
- Undertake automated testing throughout sprints to prevent any time lag between development and release.
- Constantly embed automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product platforms within Sprints and for releases.
- Constantly demonstrate that quality and the customer is always the focus.
- Tracks KPIs to monitor and improve our QA approach and results.
- Participate in supplier test reviews, validating defect categorisation, ensuring poor testing principles are redressed immediately or in future deliverables
- Support the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Automated Testing through collaboration with other Whitbread QA teams.
- Acts as the champion for end to end quality assurance, high quality deliverables and test driven development and automated testing - provides coaching / support for Product Developers where required.
- Produces regular test reports to the team, reviews supplier end of test reports and
- Support an effective and accurate test environment is in place for automation.
What are we looking for:
- Solid experience of end to end testing and supplier test management with a view to increasing the quality of our services and a positive history of reducing critical defect error rates through tried and tested test principles
- Good experience of implementing and/or executing RESTful Api/ESB frameworks (SOAPUI) and automated frameworks such as Java Selenium and Cucumber
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and development team.
- Solid background working with Schemas and Interface specification documents. The ability to assess a spec / schema and define test cases and corresponding message payloads for system and integration testing purposes. This needs to be for both positive and negative path testing.
- SOA Testing experience is required. Not someone with just application level API testing experience but with SOA / ESB / OSB knowledge.
- Knowledge of SOA industry best practices.
- Ability to verify secondarily system components and not just the core service (i.e. Message Queues, Auditing, Security, Error handling, Exception handling)
- SoapUI test automation skills. Groovy / Java scripting would also be useful.
- Ideally, someone with Hotel booking background, comfortable with reviewing and critically assessing schema designs in readiness for refining existing SOAP UI test frameworks
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job