Lead Technical Writer required by my amazing helpdesk software client in London. You’ll possess the right ambition, drive and organisational skills to take complete control of my clients support content across their Help Center including knowledgebase, guides and community.
You will be my clients first dedicated Technical Writer and as such you will work closely with the support, product and executive teams in producing a wide range of documentation including, but not limited to; user guides, tutorials and how-to-guides, as well as assisting developers with API’s etc.
This role is a great opportunity if you are proactive and an innovative achiever, who enjoys learning new technologies, experience the fast-paced world of SaaS and who wants to become a key part of my clients growing team!
- Being responsible for creating and managing all content across my clients Help Center (Guides, Knowledgebase & Product News)
- Work on in-product content/copy to help their customers, where possible, use the software without recourse to external help.
- Keeping documentation up to date as the software changes and improves.
- Lead the content side of their training and certification programme.
- Lead the process to increase the use of video in our support content.
- To be a thought leader in what "good documentation" looks like and the value it creates. They view their documentation as inseparable from their product and is key to their future success.
- Engage with customers via the Community forum (another part of the product).
- To work on other ad-hoc communications e.g. quick start guides, tutorials, trouble-shooters etc.
- Assist developers with the developer/API documentation.
- Researching relevant information / data for deeper and more complex aspects of the software.
- Working with the development and support teams and feeding back to the Product team.
- You'll have 3+ years’ experience in writing technical documentation for a software product (ideally B2B).
- You need to have incredible writing skills and be able to show examples of your previous work.
- You must have a good grasp of IT concepts and you need to be able to explain technical concepts clearly and simply. You will be writing or editing content on a range of technical subjects e.g. Linux/Windows, APIs, SQL, JS/HTML/CSS.
- Mastery of English language and outstanding writing abilities.
- You need to have a flexible and 'can-do' attitude, interested in working in an exciting and growing team where you have a significant responsibility for a critical part of the business.
- You will also need strong time-management and prioritisation skills, balancing a range of demands on your time while keeping to deadlines and producing content on a regular basis.
Please note that all candidates must be eligible to live and work within the UK as my client is unable to sponsor candidates at this time.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'