This is a great opportunity for a technical leader to join a successful and growing organisation. XE, as part of the Euronet family, is the perfect opportunity to learn and be part of the dynamic fintech space.
As a Lead Technical Engineer, you will work on establishing a technical vision with the development team and work with developers to turn it into reality, whilst remaining hands on with software development.
Reporting into the Software Development Manager, the successful Lead Technical Engineer will focus on technical matters that effect more than just one developer. You'll step in on heated technical debates, and work with outside stakeholders to define technical options and agree on solutions for future streams of work. You will also call for development stand-ups to agree on a technical direction.
The successful candidate will have a good knowledge of new development tools and the drive to learn about new and upcoming technologies; whilst still being well grounded in established technologies.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Be a hands-on architect for the Development team.
- Recommend and participate in activities related to the design, development and maintenance of the Enterprise Architecture.
- Review architecture with the Development teams.
- Be responsible for new technology investigations and impact on Development teams.
- Facilitate technical discussion, decision making and conflict resolution.
- Share best practices, lessons learned and constantly update the technical system architecture requirements based on changing technologies, and knowledge related to recent, current and upcoming vendor products and solutions.
- Provide support to the team using a servant leadership style whenever possible and lead by example.
- Develop a solid understanding of all our services and align to client technology needs.
- Work with the Software Development Manager to define and establish long term technology goals.
- Work with the Software Development Manager to design and implement technology solutions for the product.
- Create high level and detailed architecture documentation.
- Work with product management to create technical reviews of high level requirements.
- Work with teams to move from existing to new technologies.
- Advise the development teams on how to build systems and not software.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Hands on software development experience
- Experience of developing software in AngularJS, C#, HTML, CSS, .net core.
- Experience developing with React Native
- Experience in defining and working with APIs and microservices
- Experience in defining and working with docker style application deployment technologies
- Must have lead teams (including virtual teams)
- Good skills and knowledge of servant leadership, facilitation, situational awareness, conflict resolution
- Experience in system design
- Experience working with multiple teams and various stakeholders
- Demonstrable experience in working with agile/scrum teams
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience defining enterprise software architecture
- Experience administering DBs
- Experience in business analysis
- Knowledge of CI CD tools: Jenkins, Octopus, Antifactory
- Knowledge of source control tools: Git, SVN
- Excellent mentoring skills
- Experience with AWS and/or Azure
- Software Development
- System Design
- Agile Methodologies
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"