At Letchworth we design and manufacture multi-function rugged LCD displays for use on rotary and fixed-wing aircraft and ground combat vehicles. Our HD displays are designed for use with the industry's most popular sensors. Fully qualified to established environmental standards, the displays can be used in standalone mode, where multiple video input capability can be used to present a number of configurable operator views, or as part of a Curtiss-Wright video management system (VMS) alongside video distribution switches and recorders.
Our Letchworth site is looking for a Lead Systems Engineer to lead a team of systems engineers with system development on new video management, display and mission computing products for avionic and defense applications. This is a crucial role to the business as we will look to you as our Systems expert at the site.
You will have a background in embedded software and electronic design and worked in an avionics or defense industry in a similar role. We are a COTS military supplier so our products are low volume and specialized; ownership of the design from requirements through to manufacture is a key part of the role.
You will have proved yourself in a similar role previously and be able to provide examples of the challenges you faced and your ability to bring people on side. Above all else you will have the technical knowledge required to excel in this role and proven experience of leading a small team to success.
- System integration and design verification testing
- Provide technical support to production
- Develop system test environment, infrastructure and equipment where necessary
- Attention to detail to ensure system requirements are met
- Work as part of a small multi-disciplined team of engineers
- Experience of hardware design both analog and digital
- Experience of software design in C and ideally C++, scripting languages also valuable
- Experience using Linux, VxWorks a bonus
- Experience with VME and VPX busses an advantage
- Experience in Environmental testing and qualification procedures
- Experience of working on military or avionic computer systems is an advantage
- Ability to write good quality project and user documentation
- Problem-solving abilities to address complex hardware/HDL/software interactions
- Degree (or equivalent) in engineering-based discipline
This position may require exposure to information which is subject to export control regulations such as the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). All applicants must meet eligibility requirements of the ITAR and of the UK/EU through completion of a Baseline Personnel Security Standard (BPSS) application. In the event information provided on the BPSS application reveals ineligibility to access US export controlled information, any offer of employment may be withdrawn.
Curtiss-Wright values diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status. If you require accommodation due to a disability at any time during the recruitment and/or assessment process, please contact Talent Acquisition and we will make all reasonable efforts to accommodate your request.