Make the most of your energy with a career at Schneider Electric
About Schneider Electric:
Schneider Electric is the global specialist in energy management and automation. With revenues of ~€25 billion in FY2016, our 144,000 employees serve customers in over 100 countries, helping them to manage their energy and process in ways that are safe, reliable, efficient and sustainable. From the simplest of switches to complex operational systems, our technology, software and services improve the way our customers manage and automate their operations. Our connected technologies reshape industries, transform cities and enrich lives.
At Schneider Electric, we call this Life Is On.
Join Schneider Electric and power your career! Discover the opportunity to join an international, dynamic, and responsible company that fosters the development of all its people around the world. Every day, we empower employees to achieve more and experience exciting careers. Find out how our values and unique position make Schneider Electric the employer of choice.Mission:
Schneider Electric is seeking a Lead Systems Engineer to join our Process Automation team. This role will be based mainly at our Coventry offices, although you will be expected to travel to customer sites, or one of our other Process Automation offices (in Crawley or Warrington).
Our Process Automation team delivers solutions to our customers to run hybrid and continuous processes in a safe and efficient manner, combining automation, software and world class execution. Process Automation systems and solutions have been tested in the world’s largest and most demanding oil, gas, chemicals, power, food, beverage, water treatment, life sciences and mining operations.
With connected systems and solutions from Schneider Electric, our customer’s people and assets will be safer. Their operations will be more secure and reliable. Their business will run more efficiently. Their teams and processes will be better prepared for whatever tomorrow brings.
We offer a competitive basic salary, annual bonus, pension, life assurance and 28 days’ annual leave, plus Bank Holidays. There are also other flexible benefits available through our Thrive scheme.
You will be responsible for the technical delivery of solutions within our project delivery teams:
- Take the lead role for the provision and delivery of technical solutions to time, quality and budget.
- Take responsibility for timely reporting of issues, progress and resolutions on project matters.
- Undertake multi-disciplinary engineering roles required throughout the full project lifecycle including both office and customer site based.
- Identify and assess project risks and issues with the ability to reduce impact or likelihood.
- Identify and capitalise on project opportunities.
- Liaise and collaborate with customers on engineering matters, acting as a subject expert.
- Supervise and mentor junior engineers to develop their professional skills enabling successful project delivery.
- Liaise and collaborate with other areas of the organisation as required to progress the business. This to include other engineering departments, sales and services.
- Preparation and approval of all required system documentation.
Working in a team environment, reporting to the Engineering Team Leader, you will be passionate about delivering complex engineering solutions to the highest level of customer satisfaction. This challenging and interactive role is suited to a candidate who is methodical, possesses excellent attention to detail, together with great interpersonal and communication skills. You will work well under pressure and be self-motivated, representing our business both internally and externally with our clients. In addition, there are great opportunities to mentor and support our Systems Engineers, developing their capabilities and interactions. You will be flexible and able to work from both company and customer sites as required.
Diversity is our heritage and our future. Be a part of it.
At Schneider Electric, Diversity & Inclusion is at the heart of our organisation, it's an integral part of our history, culture and identity. We recognise that embracing diversity unlocks innovation and creativity and fosters collaboration. We want our employees to reflect the diversity of our communities and the customers we serve. As a result, our teams are stronger to drive the company's future.
We are always open to a conversation around flexible working.
You know about us, so let us learn about you! Apply today