Tired of your current job role, looking for a new challenge?
"Partners in Support" is a dynamic not-for-profit organisation supporting people with learning disabilities and Autism to lead the life that they choose. We support individuals to lead the lives that they choose and support people to live as independently as possible within their own homes and their chosen communities.
Partners in Support is not aiming to be a large organisation or work across the country, it only aspires to offer the best possible support to those people we work with within Hertfordshire.
We are recruiting for a Lead Support Worker for a new service in Hemel Hempstead. This is a female only service so if you have drive and passion to support an adult with a learning disability, whilst at the same time leading a team, we want to hear from you.
The person you will be supporting enjoys many varied activities including swimming, walking, going to the theatre, clubbing and shopping.
Applicants must be able to demonstrate the following personal qualities:
- Drive and passion
- Patience, confidence and not easily fazed
- Integrity and determination
- Ability to motivate and foster good relationships amongst the staff team
- Effective communication skills and to be able to get on with a wide range of people
- To be able to undertake some administrative tasks in a timely and organised manner
- The ability to be consistent and follow agreements, the support plan and policy at all times
- The ability to identify risks and communicate concerns appropriately
- Self-direction, the ability to take responsibility, enthusiasm and the ability to stay focused adhering to set boundaries
- Able to work flexibly, including weekends, evenings and sleep-ins
- Able to participate in the 1st Level on-call system
- A car driver preferable but not essential
The ability to remain calm when supporting difficult situations is crucial.
Minimum of 1 years’ experience of providing person centred support to people with learning disabilities and/or Autism.
We can offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Paid annual leave
- Paid birthday day off
- Full Induction
- Bespoke training and regular training updates
- Guaranteed hours
- Paid for DBS check
- A friendly, supportive working environment
- Up to £200 refer a friend scheme
To apply please click below or go to our website, www.partnersinsupport.org.uk
- Flexible Approach
- Learning Disabilities
- Person Centered Planning
- User Experience