Lead Support Engineer
Salary: £40,000 - £43,000 (+ benefits)
Ambridge Harris is currently recruiting for a Lead Support Engineer to join a government sector client of ours based in Somerset.
Main purpose of role
The Lead Support Engineer will undertake fundamental tasks such as Software Development and service management. Support work will typically take the form of investigating and resolving problems and providing information about the systems.
It may also include monitoring performance and resolving problems by providing advice or training to users about an application's functionality, correct operations or constraints by; devising workarounds, correcting faults, making general or site-specific modifications, updating system documentation, manipulating data, or defining enhancements often in close collaboration with the system's Software Engineers and the Software Engineering management team to ensure that staff are given opportunities to develop their skills and knowledge.
The Commercial Lead Support Engineer will work with the Commercial programme manager to agree a support strategy for each Commercial key system. They will then define a system life cycle plan for each key system focusing on activities to enhance the performance, robustness and reliability of the system, making recommendations on possible changes.
The Commercial Lead Support Engineer will manage and monitor the implementation of these system support plans and will manage a service that provides 24*7 support for Commercial systems on an on-call rota basis as well as being part of the on-call team.
Fundamental tasks include;
- Work closely with Lead Engineers on the development, testing and documentation of new and existing systems by evaluating and implementing new technologies where there is sound value and business justification.
- Provide lead support for key Commercial systems by dealing with system problems quickly and effectively in order to minimise live operations.
- Analyse incidents and problems to highlight trends and potential problem areas so that actions can be taken to minimise the occurrence of incidents and to improve the process of problem reporting, analyse and clearance.
- Create and monitor plans and strategies to investigate and resolve incidents and problems and will determine and initiate preventable measures.
- Making Effective Decisions
- Leading and Communicating
- Managing a Quality Service
- Delivering at Pace
- Commercial experience of crafting good quality code, typically with 3-4+ years' experience in C# .Net;
- Commercial experience working with relation databases; Commercial experience using build and release tools, preferably Team Foundation Server.
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore if we have not responded to your application within five days please note that on this occasion your application has not been successful
Ambridge Harris is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Ambridge Harris will not discriminate on unlawful grounds.
Job ref: 22235