"Structured cabling" cabling telecommunications broadband
Lead Structured Cabling Engineer
Up to £27k base plus 10% bonus plus company van and benefits
We are the largest 1 Gig residential broadband provider in the UK. Over the past 5 years we’ve grown from a small team of people with a simple idea, to a larger group of people executing the idea with a simple focus - efficiently bringing 1 Gig broadband to urban areas across the UK.
As we continue to evolve our strategy we are looking for people who believe in reliability, intelligence, zeal, and excellence. If you’re looking for an exciting challenge that is rewarding and enjoyable then read on….
We are more than just an internet service provider; we also installs our own fibre infrastructure into multi-occupancy buildings, bringing the UK’s fastest internet speeds to users. Your mission will be to contribute to the success of the field operations team.
We are looking for a responsible, experienced, highly skilled individual that would like to be part of a successful broadband business. With demonstrable breadth of technical experience, you’ll have the opportunity to play a key role in growth of the Field Operations team and form a vital component in the future of our company.
The role holder will be responsible for managing multiple installations crews and the running multiple deployment installations and ensuring their successful completion to time, quality and budget. You will be reporting into the Field Team Managers. You will be involved from Sales handover, survey, design, installation and commissioning right through to Building go-live. Other activities will involve process refinement and continuous improvement by supporting the Field Operations team to ensure that best practices are followed. 3rd party subcontractor management will also be within the scope of your role.
You are a team leader and used to working in an organized way with strong focus on delivery in a timely manner. You are able to take the initiative and solve problems on your own as well as through delegation/escalation.
Reporting to the Field Team Manager
Responsibilities and duties will include:
- Performing and documenting site surveys
- Extensive experience and understanding of installation documentation: Site Survey, Method Statement, Risk Assessment, Site configuration /designs to ensure an efficient and successful installation deployment
- Supervising site work carried out by staff and 3rd party vendors
- Managing Field Operations Installation engineer resourcing and productivity across multiple installations
- Planning/forecasting resource demands in line with business growth
- Ensuring all Engineers and vehicles are appropriately and adequately kitted out
- Approving Installation and Commissioning of communications equipment
- Ensuring infrastructure installation is ready for service
- Responsible and authority for on-site 'best practice’
- Carry out on-site 'toolbox’ talks with Engineers
(Essential and desirable)
- Experience of structured cabling installation and supervisory/senior on-site role experience
- Comprehensive understanding of Construction & Engineering Health & Safety regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong leadership qualities
- Strong customer focus and customer facing communication skills
- Good IT literacy (including MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project)
- Structured Cabling