Lead Solutions Architect - Wells and Subsuface
Entity:Innovation & Engineering
Job Family Group:
Responsible for delivering strategy architecture and planning activities for the specialism, supporting related operating practices and processes and effective implementation of relevant standards, liaising with stakeholders and providing advanced knowledge and advice to support wider business goals. Specialisms: Segment Architecture; Enterprise Architecture; Solution Architecture; Strategy.
At bp, we’re reimagining energy for people and our planet. Our ambition is to be a net zero company by 2050 or sooner, and to help the world get to net zero carbon. Our innovation and engineering community will be key to making this a reality.
Architecture is a collaborative discipline, playing a critical role in the integration of our businesses. Architects connect all the digital disciplines and the consumers and procurers of IT, to create an integrated, flexible, effective IT architecture for bp.
We work in a hybrid model, 3 days working in the office and 2 from home, the office location is Sunbury or Douglas House.
Architecture: You rigorously develop solution architectures and maintain core enterprise architecture deliverables such as Key Design Decisions and Reference Architectures, always seeking practical solutions that optimise and re-use capabilities. You care passionately about the integrity of the digital products you design and actively seek new and emerging technologies which will advance bp’s Digital capability.
Business Area: Produce comprehensive business architectures, seeking to accelerate time to value through reuse and driving a modular, connected technology landscape. Working closely with business stakeholders, tech leads and developers you will build Digital Roadmaps by evaluating new technologies, ensuring regulatory compliance and collaborating with other IT teams to drive standardisation and efficiency.
Technology: You are an excellent technologist and have a passion for understanding and learning. You contribute to digital transformation initiatives from an architectural perspective, facilitating the delivery of solutions, and bring good hands-on skills in key technologies, and an ability to rapidly assess new technologies with a commercial mindset.
Team: You will play an integral role in building the team’s skillset while demonstrating your leadership values through delegation, motivation and trust. You will act as a point of escalation to product squads, mediating and resolving technical related conflicts. You will not just lead, but "do".
Relationships: Build strong partnerships across the business and Digital teams. You will understand the long-term needs of the solutions you are developing, and enable delivery by building a rapport with team members both inside and outside of bp.
Safety and Compliance: The safety of our people and our customers is our highest priority. You will advocate and help ensure our architectures, designs and processes enhance a culture of operational safety and improve our digital security.
- A Bachelor's (or higher) degree, ideally in Computer Science, MIS/IT, Mathematics, hard science or equivalent work experience.
Essential Experience and Job Requirements
- A confirmed background in solution architecture with real-world experience of architecting, designing, and delivering digital products. You love envisaging the art of the possible and making that a reality.
- Deep-seated functional knowledge of key technology sets. You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- Deep experience solving complex business and technology problems. Applying judgement and experience to unlock business value.
- A proven grasp of solution architecture development and design thinking in an agile environment. You adapt delivery techniques to drive outstanding project delivery.
- Understanding and experience with cloud and integration platforms including best practices related to API led integration patterns.
- Experience working with and developing digital products on major application development platforms especially Azure.
- You are comfortable rolling up your sleeves, getting involved, and diving into delivery challenges.
- Able to relate complex topics in simple and accessible language.
- Experience developing others to build architecture capability across the discipline.
- Exposure to adjacent technology domains such as other platforms, networks, and cyber security.
- Solution Architecture, secure by design
- Technical specialism in cloud architectures preferably Azure
- Microservice Architectures
- Excellent communication skills
- Agile and Product Management Core Practices
- Creativity and Innovation
- Experience in oil and gas industry, associated functional/data concepts and technology stack (such as SLB, Landmark)Awareness of license to operate/safety critical processes.
- Knowledge of data platform architecture and design preferably the Open Group OSDU Data Platform and/or Azure Data Management for Energy.
- Azure Technologies
- Data Factory
- Logic Apps
- SQL Server
- Virtual Desktop Infrastructure
- Remote Graphics
- Data Management concepts and tooling
- Storage Strategies and Technologies
- Emerging Technology Monitoring
- Higher levels of relevant accreditation or certifications e.g. TOGAF, Microsoft Certified: Azure Solutions Architect Expert
Leadership and EQ:
Please note Reed.co.uk does not communicate with candidates via Whatsapp, and we will never ask you to provide your bank, passport or driving licence details during the application process. To stay safe in your job search and flexible work, we recommend visiting JobsAware, a non-profit, joint industry and law enforcement organisation working to combat labour market abuse. Visit the JobsAware website for information and free expert advice for safer work.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'