My Client is looking to transform the way in which they engage with their customers. Digital technology is key, and the adoption of agile methodologies is at the heart of their approach. They are executing a progressive IT Strategy and Cloud is fundamental to this. As Lead Solution Architect for the Cloud programme, you will play a key role in driving and supporting Cloud adoption.
The role is expected to:
- Lead a team of solution architects to define end-to-end solutions to host new and existing applications on the AWS Cloud Platform.
- Oversee creation of end-to-end designs that are fit for purpose from a functional, non-functional, service, and security point of view, including transition states to ensure smooth implementation paths.
- You will help your team to grapple with the constant trade-offs between the new opportunities presented by Cloud services and the constraints of integrating with legacy systems.
- Drive improvement in design quality by leading the whole Solution Architect community in Cloud adoption.
Key aspects of the role:
Solutions and Assurance:
- Lead creation of solutions and design for projects to meet standards for technology and ensure they meet ambitions for availability, security, resilience and performance.
- Perform early triage and shaping of IT initiatives to support investment decisions and initial delivery planning.
- Produce design options with associated costs, benefits and risks to enable investment decisions.
- Ensure compliance to policies, standards and target architecture. Represent area of accountability in all appropriate broader governance bodies and processes.
- Responsible for the integrity of end-to-end solutions, including transition states used to achieve target state.
- Provide leadership on key designs to ensure the long term strategic goals of IT are met as well as short term project needs.
- Approval of design artefacts of team members.
- Support and lead the business with innovative ideas to improve the service we give to our customers.
- Coach and mentor team members to achieve the required design and architectural outcomes.
- Manage a team of c.10 direct reports.
- Accountable for people management decisions including recruitment, setting objectives, performance management, recommending reward and/or bonus.
- Member of the Solution Architecture Leadership Team.
- Expected to maintain strong links to technical teams to share learning and ensure sharing of best practice.
- Able and willing to bring through the next generation of talent either within or outside of the team.
Experience / Skills Required:
- Excellent design and architecture skills.
- Significant Cloud experience. Amazon Web Services is the chosen platform. Strong portable skills in other Cloud platforms will be considered (e.g. Azure). AWS Solution Architect Associate accreditation is essential.
- Experience of leading and managing others.
- Experience of turning strategic direction into deliverable E2E solutions that drive IT Architecture forward.
- Strong knowledge of end to end project lifecycle methodologies (mainly agile).
- Financial acumen to support development of business cases and to inform key design decisions.
- Ability to think long-term strategically and operationally.
- Strong personal impact and influence.
- Good stakeholder and relationship management at all levels.
- Experience of operating at senior management levels.
What will you get for this role?
• Salary up to £80,000 + 12% annual bonus
• Generous defined contribution pension scheme
• Annual performance related bonus and pay review
• Minimum holiday allowance of 29 days plus bank holidays
• Excellent range of flexible benefits to include a matching share save scheme
If of interest, please press apply.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job