Lead Solution Architect
We now have an exciting opportunity for a Lead Solution Architect, to join the team at our Store Support Centre in Nuneaton (CV10 7RH)
The purpose of this role is to lead the solution architecture team in the support the definition of the solution architecture for programmes and projects across retails channels. With a focus on ATG, ORACLE POS and ORACLE ERP overall accountability for ensuring the detailed designs and delivered capabilities are consistent with the both Enterprise Architecture framework and the originating business vision by converting requirements into the architecture and design that ultimately constitutes the blueprint for the solution.
- Uses appropriate tools (including logical models of components and interfaces) to define the solution architecture for projects and programmes including detailed component specifications where required
- Ensures compliance with the Business Vision and Enterprise Architecture (strategy, principles and standards) and drives architecture forward with a view to simplification, supportability and scalability
- Liaises with stakeholders, business teams, and application teams (application, middleware, data and infrastructure) including participation in technical design authority meetings
- Ensures quality and consistency of designs, delivered code, and configurations and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices are applied correctly and adhered to
- Takes accountability and responsibility throughout the solution development life-cycle
- Works closely with the business to Constantly looking to improve the delivery process and drive the business forward, as well as keeping abreast with the latest technology
- Leads the architecture team and accountable for the strategic direction of technology investments to assist in the development of the enterprise architecture and maximise the return on technology investment
- Ability to manage multiple priorities – projects, deliverables, and stakeholders
- Able to influence peers and management; strong stakeholder management
- Excellent interpersonal skills, presentation skills, and verbal / written communication skills
- Self-starter; adaptable to change; motivated to set personal and program goals and proactively track performance against goals and initiatives objectives
- Good personal organisation, productivity and time management skills
- Enthusiastic, pro-active and flexible attitude to work
- Excellent management skills. Able to lead and motivate team members
- Knowledge of systems development life-cycle and typical problems associated with the implementation of information systems
- Working knowledge of design principles and patterns and Integration architecture – SOA, ETL, etc.
- Ability to abstract the complexity of a system into a manageable model that describes the essence of a system by exposing important details and significant constraints.
- Able to provide detailed information about costs and benefits of software to ensure that it will serve the client over a long period
- Ability to understand high-level system requirements across different infrastructures and multiple applications
- Experienced in at least one Architecture framework (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman, MODAF, IAF etc.)
- Undertake objective, critical analysis to draw accurate conclusions that recognise and manage contextual issues
- Work through issues, weigh up alternatives and identify the most effective solutions
- Knowledge of the Retail Industry and multi-channel architecture
Holland & Barrett is one of the nation’s most loved and trusted brands, known for offering quality health food, vitamins and supplements all sold by highly trained and qualified advisors.
Bucking the current trend of high street retailers, we forecast significant growth and expansion plans in the coming years, with considerable investment going into all areas of the business. We certainly embrace change and drive speed in everything we do. Every day presents a different challenge, but every day is also filled with fun, teamwork and passion to succeed and surpass every expectation.
Join us and see how far you can go…
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job