Experian Solutions UK&I, has an exciting opportunity in Nottingham for a creative and forward thinking Solutions Architect. You may currently be working as a high performing Solution Architect in a large organisation so why join Experian? In this role you will work with senior stakeholders within the Experian product Capability Unit and Go To Market teams in defining the Solutions Architecture that will grow the products and support our clients. You will develop an understanding of the architecture that underpins Experian, a FTSE 50 company. You will be part of a growing Technical Design and Architecture capability that is recognised as a core component to continued growth within Experian. The Experian Architecture offers a wide variety of opportunities to develop your skills with the architecture stack encompassing a full end to end environment of data ingestion, databases, services, API's through to UI's with modern technologies interlaced with traditional technologies
The Solution Architect works with the business units to define the Architecture direction for all software development, assuring architectural consistency and alignment with business, product and technical strategic objectives.You will work closely with the Project Manager, Business Analysts, Software Developers and Testers to ensure that the architectural direction is followed and the projects are delivered to the scope agreed in the architecture requirements The successful candidate will bring to the role industry knowledge and experience and will gain knowledge and understanding of the Experian architectural estate to create the Solutions Architectures
Working with the Technical Design team you will be accountable for the following:
- Uses appropriate tools, including logical models of components and interfaces, to contribute to the development of systems architectures in specific business or functional areas.
- Produces detailed component specifications and translates these into detailed designs for implementation using selected products.
- Within a business change programme, assists in the preparation of technical plans and cooperates with business assurance and project staff to ensure that appropriate technical resources are made available.
- Provides advice on technical aspects of system development and integration (including requests for changes, deviations from specifications, etc.) and ensures that relevant technical strategies, policies, standards and practices (including security) are applied correctly.
- Ensures all Architecture documents for projects that are assigned are reviewed and approved to the appropriate standard
- Ensures all Architectures for involved projects are consistent in driving improvements in implementation / performance and maintainability
- Takes responsibility for understanding client requirements, collecting data, delivering analysis and problem resolution.
- Identifies, evaluates and recommends options, implementing if required.
- Collaborates with, and facilitates stakeholder groups, as part of formal or informal consultancy agreements.
- Seeks to fully address client needs, enhancing the capabilities and effectiveness of client personnel, by ensuring that proposed solutions are properly understood and appropriately exploited.
- Role model and trusted technical advisor across multiple technology platforms and business areas with an awareness of other divisions
- Review information systems for compliance with legislation and specifies any required changes.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance with organisational policies and procedures and overall information management strategy.
Emerging Technology monitoring
- Maintains awareness of opportunities provided by new technology to address challenges or to enable new ways of working.
- Within own sphere of influence, works to further organisational goals, by the study and use of emerging technologies and products.
- Contributes to briefings and presentations about their relevance and potential value to the organisation.
- Specifies and designs large or complex systems.
- Selects appropriate design standards, methods and tools, consistent with agreed enterprise and solution architectures and ensures they are applied effectively.
- Reviews others' systems designs to ensure selection of appropriate technology, efficient use of resources, and integration of multiple systems and technology.
- Contributes to policy for selection of architecture components.
- Evaluates and undertakes impact analysis on major design options and assesses and manages associated risks.
- Ensures that the system design balances functional, service quality, security and systems management requirements.
- Awareness of ITIL, Prince 2, architecture framework (in a previous organisation), PCI Compliance and FCA Regulations and SDLC
- Strong, technical and non-technical communication skills , written & oral, internal / external, formal & informal
- Strong at building relationships within department and across division
- Familiar with development languages & platforms e.g. .NET, Java, Cobol, SQL, Datastage, CICS, z/OS, Windows, Linux
- Proficient at frameworks & design patterns, e.g. ESB, MVC, etc.
- Familiar with web architectures, APIs, cloud infrastructure, SaaS, PaaS, DaaS, etc. and DBMS architectures, as required
- Proficient at architecture tools & utilities, e.g. CaseWise, MS Visio, PowerPoint
- Proficient at Experian products/applications - Non-functional capabilities / requirements and architectural Styles, e.g. SOA
- Familiar with Compliance & Security - Security related Architecture
- Formal architecture qualification such as TOGAF is desirable