Our client a market leader in the financial services industry is looking for motivated software engineers to join their delivery teams.
Their scrum teams work across multiple web & mobile applications on a range of products. They have created an award winning customer portal and develop all of their mobile apps in-house. They approach software delivery with an Agile mind-set.
Our client is looking for a Lead .Net Software Engineer to join their Digital organisation working within one of their scrum teams to build and maintain, change and further evolve both existing and new products
- .Net MVC application architecture and client based application development using a range of tech
- Technical Lead for scrum teams in the creation and expansion of our Web applications
- Software Engineering - improving speed to market at a reduced unit cost, radically transforming the engineering and delivery process.
- Supporting & sharing best practice with teams
- Undertaking design and code reviews to ensure systems meet functional and non functional requirements and proactively identifying where changes are required to maintain these in the future.
- Evangelising and leading the way on creating a technical culture of innovation
- Working with architects to design and implement solutions that align with business requirements.
- Identifying improvement opportunities such as enhancements to standards or technical innovations to increase the quality and efficiency of delivery.
- Providing technical expertise and technical leadership whilst collaborating with teams operating across the globe
You will achieve this by:
- Joining the Technical Lead community to be at the forefront of improving our technical capabilities
- Working with scrum team members and the Scrum Master and Product Owner to architect solutions that are capable of long term maintainability and growth whilst delivering focused, value driven changes to a high quality standard
- Influencing the teams with your technical expertise and aspirations to develop the best application solutions
- Fostering team spirit and collaboration within your team
- Leading the way by engaging and contributing to the technical capability of our products to ensure they are the best fit for our customers
- Experienced and confident lead developers who want to be hands on and develop great platforms on a large scale
- Experience negotiating, influencing, effectively challenging and gaining commitment
- Excellent knowledge of industry direction and trends within Web and Mobile application development
- Shaping product backlogs, new projects and initiatives, assessing the impact of initiatives, programmes or projects on systems/applications
- Experienced working within an agile environment; able to identify and create epics, write user stories, t-shirt sizing and pointing
- Lead Developers that aren’t afraid to fail whilst also wanting to celebrate success
- Knowledge and experience of leading the implementation of modern software engineering practices, such as Test Driven Development, Behaviour Driven Development, Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Maven), Code Analysis software (Sonar, CheckMarx)
- Responsive design for mobile and tablet devices
- Source Code Management (GIT, SVN)
- Web services experience (XML, REST, SOAP)
- And if you don’t have experience of some of the above then the urge to learn about it
Our client offers a competitive salary with fantastic benefits including an excellent pension and bonus potential.
- Lead Development
- Software Development
- Digital Applications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job