Lead SHE Advisor Role can be based from either Blackburn, Salford or North Tyneside
We are looking to recruit an experienced SHE Advisor within our National Compliance Team.
Within this Team, there are two delivery units that this Team have responsibility to oversee, including monitor compliance levels and undertaking audits. This relates to Property Compliance, delivered by our Strategic Partnerships, and Safety, Health and Environment [SHE] Compliance, which covers employee health and safety, risk and business resilience across the Local Public Services Division [LPS].
This is a very exciting and dynamic opportunity, and the successful candidate will work alongside other members of the National Compliance Team, which consists of a Central Compliance Lead, Administration Hub and a Compliance Admin Lead, working alongside this new role. There will also be regular contact with the local SHE Advisors located at each office across the UK.
You will report directly to the Property Compliance Lead, who in turn, reports directly to the Ops Director in Reg Services Business unit, and indirectly to the Regional Partnership Directors and Ops Directors in LPS Division. You will also work closely, and in conjunction with, the existing Compliance Admin Lead.
The Key responsibilities of this role will include, but not limited to:
- Providing competent and enthusiastic support to the Property Compliance Lead in identifying and regulating health and safety, compliance, business resilience and commercial risk within the CLPS Divisional Towers, on a UK wide basis.
- Analyse / review individual business unit's adherence to their management of property safety health and environment compliance to external Clients and within the Capita Office Environment, roles and responsibilities are clear, there is effectiveness in their management of existing/newly acquired business systems, ensuring there are appropriate governance services being adopted in accordance with the National Compliance Team's direction, and report progress to the Central Compliance Lead
- Formulate action plans of necessary improvements to business processes and procedures to achieve efficiencies in the day to day running of business units, and any health and safety/compliance risks are being highlighted and tracked to a conclusion
- Provide the necessary tools to the relevant business units to assist the process and achieve localised ownership of improvements
- Project manage action plans to ensure successful implementation against agreed deadlines
- Build up a "boilerplate" of standard "fixes" from lessons learned that can be customised, ensuring the application of these, where required, to reduce business risk
- Experience in property compliance, health and safety, auditing, risk management, governance and business processes within the construction or outsourcing sector
- Good people skills, ability to disarm suspicion and get to the root of management shortfalls
- Advanced MS Excel Skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Commercial discretion when handing highly sensitive commercial data, or issues
- Ability to work in a fast-changing environment with a degree of uncertainty
- Enquiring attitude to work and willing to articulate their views in debate
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent spoken and written business communication skills
- A full and valid UK driving license
- Commitment to the post
- Good relationship management skills both with colleagues and clients
- Commercial, health and safety general awareness and acumen
- The ability to work under direction but able to use their own initiative when required and understand the limits to their discretion
- Able to plan their work and meet deadlines
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you23 day's holidays, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional but fun environment.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Health and Safety
- SHE Advisor