Hillcrest New Barn is a 'Good' rated School. It offers a broad, balanced and relevant curriculum to boys and girls, aged 6 - 16 years who have Social, Emotional and Mental Health complexities. New Barn School takes full advantage of its beautiful settings and fosters a love for using the outdoor curriculum including forest school, farm experiences and horse riding.
We are currently recruiting for a Secondary Lead Teacher to take lead of our brand new secondary provision of 20 students aged 13yrs to 16yrs. The school is due to open in April 2018.
This is an exciting opportunity for a senior qualified teacher who has experience in management and working within a specialist education setting.
As the Secondary Lead Teacher for New Barn School, you be working under the direction of the Head Teacher in heading up the secondary provision. You will be mentoring, motivating and managing the education staff whilst regularly monitoring, reviewing and improving the teaching and learning to ensure the KS3 and KS4 students are achieving positive results.
Acting as the Deputy Head Teacher, you will be deputising the Head Teacher in their absence. You will have the ability to build and maintain beneficial relationships with key stakeholders including; parents, carers and the local authorities through effective communication.
Your duties will include:
- Developing the curriculum for the Secondary Provision
- Managing the education staff and identifying individual training needs
- Manage the day to day operations of the Secondary Site
- Teaching (Maths, STEM preferable)
- Assist the Head Teacher with Recruitment & Selection
- Managing behaviour policy and tracking systems
Key Skills required:
- Ideally you will have experience in working within an specialist education setting
- QTS qualified NPQH/NPQML preferable but not required
- Previous experience in managing staff
- Passionate about providing quality education to children and young people
This is a full time position; we are offering a competitive salary along with a wide range of industry leading benefits.
Outcomes First Group is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of everyone in our care. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check and references will be sought prior to your interview.