Firstly who are we?
We are the country's leading pub retailer and brewer, running over 3,000 pubs, restaurants and hotels in towns, villages and city-centre high streets across England, Wales and Scotland.
So what is it like to work here?
We work behind the scenes to guarantee the smooth operation of our pubs, restaurants, hotels and breweries. With around 44,000 people all across the UK who rely on us for guidance and support. Making sure we deliver this to a business as large and fast-paced as Greene King isn't always easy, but with the right attitude and an unyielding commitment to our customers, anything is possible.
We pull together to get things done and work hard to motivate and support each other to do well as one team. We believe in celebrating successes and recognising others for what we do, ask any one of our employees and they will say they are proud to be part of Greene King.
Working with the Head of Resourcing to develop and implement talent identification and attraction strategies, including via direct sourcing, social media, and other branding-related activity, promoting Greene King an employer of choice.
- Full responsibility and accountability for Retail Operations Resourcing at BDM/ Operations Manager level, working closely with HRBPs, HoHR and Operations Directors on all brands.
- In addition to Retail Ops, working across all corporate functions, drive a proactive approach to Resourcing and talent pipelining. This is expected for external and internal talent acquisition at all levels.
- Deliver against a list of key metrics driving operational and cost efficiency related to resourcing and recruiting efforts that provide clear insights and change requirements
- Deliver consistency in selection and hiring decisions and the sourcing experience influencing the broader group, including the initial requisition process.
- Assist the Head of Resourcing to deliver a resourcing plan through a specialist understanding of the growth plans (across the business) and headcount required to support these; balancing these with the needs of the business areas
- Responsible for running UK wide Resourcing events throughout the year at all levels, as required. Create events that increase business involvement and accountability in the hiring process
- Manage suppliers to ensure the best quality candidates are submitted, track the success of these and implement changes to the PSL where required on a regular basis, demonstrating delivery against targets
Skills and Experience
- Extensive experience, in a client side Resourcing role
- Experience of having successfully developed and implemented new and innovative Resourcing strategies in a client side role.
- Experience of running high volume, assessment centre led recruitment projects.
- Executive Search experience.
- Resilience and rigour, thriving in high paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills - oral and written.
- Attention to detail in all aspects for work
- Strong team player
- Ability to analyse and report accurately
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong Commercial awareness
- Must be able to travel regularly.
- Recommend to the Head of Resourcing, Heads of HR and Hiring managers
- Resourcing and Recruitment solutions
- shortlisted candidates after initial headhunting/ sifting/ screening interviews
- The timelines and strategy for bespoke Resourcing projects
- Insights from internal and external talent mapping
- Agree succession planning with internal stakeholders (HRBP/hiring managers)
- Play a key and fundamental role in al l stages of the recruitment processes, making recommendations throughout, influencing outcomes.
- Recommend engaging communication strategies to embed TAP.
- Recommend content priorities based on need and workload involved through governance process.
Scope of influence
- Hiring Managers
- HR Services
- Corporate HRBPs
- Retail HRBPs/ HoHR
- Cornerstone Team
- Recruitment suppliers
- Testing providers
Facts and Figures
Consistently deliver against all of the following key metrics:-
- 80/20 direct hire at all levels/ functions
- TTH of less than 30 days
- Average BAU cost savings of circa £25,000 per period, targets TBC
- Meeting an average of 5 high calibre candidates each week.
- Able to manage high volumes of live roles and pipelining projects at any one time. (circa 30-40 live roles and 10 pipelining projects at any one time.
- Weekly travel between BOT and BSE, with frequent off site mtgs elsewhere.
What can we offer you?
- Competitive salary
- 33% Greene King Discount (for all managed pubs including Local Pubs and brands such as Hungry Horse, Eating Inn, Old English Inns and Loch Fyne)
- Wide range of employee benefits (pension, dental, share save, free refreshments, on site cafe)
- Excellent Training and Career Progression opportunities
- 25 days holiday each year (Not including bank holidays). Role dependent
- Offsite parking