Location - Swindon/Remote working
Contract Length - 12 Months
Hourly Rate - £45.00 PAYE
Weekly Hours - 22.5 HoursJob purpose
To lead the implementation, certification and on-going effectiveness of an IATF16949:2016 compliant quality system across the Fuel Cells business, building on the existing ISO9001:2015 system to meet the requirements of the business and its automotive customers.Principal Accountabilities
- Leading implementation activities against the businesses gap analysis against IATF16949 and follow up of action plans to achieve compliance with the requirement of IATF16949, to achieve successful certification (existing and expansion activities).
- Responsible for reporting to the Leadership Team on progress with the project, including risks and issues.
- Provide direction and support to the Senior Quality Engineer who will be supporting the implementation plan.
- Responsible for ensuring there is effective communication of the standards and the requirements through training and delivery of advice across the business, that enables delivery of the workstream.
- Support functions throughout the business to understand and achieve compliance with requirements of IATF16949.
- Support implementation of key business processes (e.g. New Product Introduction, Management of Change), in liaison with the relevant workstream leaders, to ensure these processes comply with IATF16949 requirements and effective use of Quality tools (APQP, FMEA, PPAP, SPC, MSA, etc.).
- Manage the on-going audit schedule to monitor compliance to IATF16949 and drive improvement.
- Lead the development the Quality Management system to ensure the business is successful during OEM customer led VDA audits (other standards where applicable).
- Ensuring compliance is effectively documented, recorded and communicated at appropriate levels of the business.
- To take on any other duties which are within the employee's skills and abilities whenever reasonably instructed.
- The client's Fuel Cells is a customer focussed, global business dedicated to the supply of high-performance fuel cell catalysts and components. The business, which is headquartered in Swindon, is a leader in its chosen markets with rapidly growing sales supported by its extensive R&D and manufacturing capabilities.
- The Fuel Cells business employs approximately 200 permanent employees and 100 agency workers, primarily at Swindon and at the Technology Centre in Sonning Common, with manufacturing in Swindon and Shanghai and sales representatives in the UK, USA, Korea, China and Japan.
- This role is key to what is it key to ensuring quality of a Manufacturing site producing and developing new to world technology, supporting a complex fast changing research, development and rapidly growing manufacturing environment as the Fuel Cells business continues to evolve towards high volume manufacture and commercial success.
- This role is a contract role 20 hours per week, some flexibility can be offered around working times
- This role will guide and mentor the Senior Quality Engineer - Automotive Standards
- Able to travel to enable collaborative relationships within the wider JM community on relevant Quality topics.
- Willing to travel to China (if practically feasible) to meet requirements for assessment and certification of second site.
Qualifications & Experience
- Experience in IATF16949 system implementation and maintenance
- Qualified IATF16949 Lead Auditor, with experience of managing and executing audit schedules
- Experience of quality management tools and their application (APQP / FMEA / PPAP / SPC / MSA)
- Computer literate with experience in Excel, SharePoint, etc.
- Experience in VDA process auditing
- Experience working within an automotive manufacturing environment
- Experience in managing and developing people
- Strong communication skills
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Quality Orientation
- Contributing to team success
Guidant is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
- quality engineer
- fuel cells
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'