Python Backend Engineer / Lead Python Backend Engineer / Python Developer / Backend Developer
My client are a team of researchers, developers and Machine Learning experts based in Central London. They are building state-of-the-art technology to help companies in the news and media industries to verify false and misleading information.
They are currently looking for an enthusiastic Permanent Lead Backend Engineer to join their team of experts. The successful candidate will be a generalist backend developer who have experience with leading a team as the role will consist of leading and producing work to support the machine learning and data engineering teams.
- Expert in Python + (Django or Flask)
- Docker experience
- Experience with a cloud hosting platform (AWS or Google Cloud)
- Experience using ElasticSearch
- Apache Spark/PySpark experience
- Designing and implementing B2B APIs and the required infrastructure
- Provide engineering support on the user product from a backend perspective
- Help build out testing and integration pipelines for the different components of the platform
- Help with web scraping architecture
If this role sounds of interest to you, please do send your most up to date CV to or alternatively apply via this advert.
Please note, this role will not be able to provide visa sponsorship so you will need to have the right to work in the UK.