Closing date: 6 March, 2018
- Responsible for developing overall project management strategy and working with discipline leads and project teams to execute plans.
- Monitor day-to-day activities of the project team and ensure work is progressing as planned.
- Manage schedules, budgets, assets, and overall project organization to ensure requirements and project deliverables dates are clearly communicated, understood and executed upon.
- Ability to work across several projects with one or more junior project manager(s) or as the primary Project Manager on a large-scale engagement.
- Effectively and efficiently plan and prioritize all deliverables and resources working across project(s) based on scope of work and project goals.
- Actively monitor project risks and scope creep to foresee/identify potential problems and proactively identify solutions to address them in advance.
- Consistently identify needs that clients may not recognize and ensure approaches and solutions are linked to objectives and future needs.
- Consistently manage client expectations, ensure delivery of the highest quality service, and solicit and act on client feedback.
- Communicate and document project status and strategic recommendations to clients, team members and senior management on a regular basis; escalate issues accordingly via the appropriate channels.
- Proactively identify opportunities and deliver improvements; evangelize the project management methodology and project processes.
- Partner with project team leads to present work as well as participate in new business presentation opportunities.
- Lead the training/mentoring of junior project managers on Agile XP methodologies and best practices: TDD, CI, DRCS, Code Reviews, Paired-programming.
- Lead SCRUM methodology: stand-ups, impediment clearing, Sprint planning, Burndowns
- Configure and maintain network & servers.
- Contribute and lead communications efforts via social networking platforms and traditional channels.
- Customise and configure CMS (Wordpress and beyond).
Salary range: £28,000 - £36,000
Skills, experience and qualifications required:
- BA / BS in Computer Science or similar field.
- 10-15 years professional experience in software development project management.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate, support and understand different project teams.
- Deep understanding and awareness of product development and experience tying product goals to business goals.
- Strong attention to detail and focus on task completion is critical.
- Deep experience with the development of large-scale websites and a strong understanding of associated web development technologies and third party applications and platforms is essential.
- Deep mobile and social media/community experience.
- Strong competencies in MS Office, MS Project, bug tracking, wiki, GIT, Bitbucket, and other related project management and common communications tools.
- PMP and other project management certifications are a big plus.
- Strong experience in Agile XP & SCRUM.
- Strong coding experience.
- Strong networking and server administration experience.
- Interactive environments installation and gallery installation experience.
- Physical computing project or coding experience.
- Project Managers
- Best Practices
- Manage client expectations
- Project Teams