Lead Planner required working for industry leading aerospace company that offer solutions and services within power management. They deal with electrical systems for power quality, distribution and control and hydraulics components. This site is currently experience rapid expansion and the role would suit someone looking for career opportunities and progression. The role is to manage a team of around 10 other planners across two factories, so previous management or team leader experience would be very beneficial.
As the Lead Planner will be responsible for leading planning activities and implementing new processes and activities to improve delivery performance & inventory turns for a specific area of the business. You will lead the activities of a team to manage demand within the MRP system and ensure supply is aligned to demand. The Lead Planner will generate and agree the production plan and communicate the plan within the business.
Roles and Responsibilities;
- Improving area delivery performance
- Improving area inventory turns
- Maintaining MRP data integrity
- Maintaining MRP demand integrity
- Management of Planning & Logistics Controllers and stores personnel for area
- Material supply to point of use
- Generating production plan (with MTMs/Production Manager) within MRP
- Communication of plan
- Reducing the transactional activities within the area
- Management and control of material movement processes
- Ensuring integration of new product/programmes into planning and logistics processes for area
- Support the capacity planning for operations within the cell
- Involvement in capacity planning
- Potential customer interface
- Managing a team of planners and dealing with all aspects of line management
- Manage 5S+ and standard work processes.
Skills and Experience;
- Detailed knowledge of Lean and Six Sigma methodology in materials management environment.
- Leadership skills for team management
- High levels of MFGPro proficiency
- High levels of MS office proficiency
- Highly organised with strong communication skills
- Experience of implementing new processes, procedures and responsibilities
- PC and data analysis skill to readily and effectively manage available information
- Capable of recommending and applying optimum inventory management tools
- Familiar with the quality control demands of an aerospace or similar type company
- APICS, BPICS or IOM qualification essential
- Formal training in production control, inventory management & people management preferred.
Immediate Interviews and Start Date!
WR Engineering & Manufacturing are the #1 recruitment partner for engineering sales jobs and manufacturing jobs. We recruit for permanent and contract jobs UK wide.
WR is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'