Leading Transportation Manufacturer requires a Lead Paint Process Engineer
Salary: Competitive / 5day week (Mon-Thurs: 07:30-16.30 Friday 12.30)
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Project manage introduction of painting of composites structures into production and ensure process capability and production readiness
- Introduce a high quality painting department within the business
- Work closely with design and product development for DFM
- Develop and productionise spraying processes, procedure and equipment
- Work with paint suppliers to optimise quality and efficiency standards
- Establish and document process and standardised procedures
- Identify skills and training requirements
- Lead a team to deliver products to EHS & QDC requirements.
- Problem Solving and root cause analysis to support continuous improvement
- Supervise work to quality specifications, coordinate shop floor activity and monitor workflow of the team.
- Maintain a competitive manufacturing environment through research of technology and adoption of the latest industry standards.
- Assist in the planning of equipment and the human resource to optimise efficiency and throughput. Monitor and improve on KPI’s.
- Maintain a cohesive, safe working environment in conjunction with other business functions and COSHH regulations.
- Manifest a quality orientated culture in the team and maintain Total Preventative Maintenance to ensure reliability and consistency of the department.
- Mix paint and coatings for appropriate substance and colour, regulating temperatures of substances
- Clear technical experience and deep theoretical understanding of working with spray paint application
- Minimum 3 years of direct experience with wet spray painting, ideally with training / mentoring experience.
- Deep understanding of process parameter and paint characteristic interrelationships.
- Technical understanding of composite surface preparation and paint science.
- Previous experience in a leadership role in a lean manufacturing environment.
- Excellent paint application skills by hand with ability to train others in best practice techniques.
- Leads by example and excellent communicator to all business levels.
- Experience in marine paint applications.
- Experience with painting large panels with epoxy based paints.
- Experience with finishing (polishing / buffing) and repair / rework.
- Experience in automotive finishes (metallic).
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field.